diy solar

diy solar

used EV batteries for home

OF Texas

Good morning, I have a 5 year old home I built for off grid living. All good for 6 years including building time on solar. 30 kw solar, 50kw Nickel/Iron battery and 16kw Outback inverters.
Now I add my first EV, Ford F150 with 131kw battery. Still ok but working my inverters and battery harder and need to schedule charging mid day. Ok still with some overheating on master inverter. Wife's next car will be electric so harder to do.
Yesterday added 1 Solarc 15kw inverter to the battery bank and now charge the truck separate from house. All good. Had a house full over the 4th holiday and had to manage battery.
So I can pay the price and V2G from the Ford but am limited to the 7.2 inverter I think. I of course have a 600 ft well. During the 4th I did hook my truck to the well overnight and used that battery.
There should be an abundance of lightly used EV batteries around. And there are inverters using a 400 volt system so I'm thinking either a battery or intact used EV to go to another inverter, Solis,. Need help finding sources.
Also a question at large. Can I build say a 20kw solar array, string it to approx 400 volts VMP and direct DC slow charge?
Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back