diy solar

diy solar

Used EVE 280K battery cell?

tesscar

Recently received four EVE 280k welded terminal studs cells from Docan.

Did all the precautionary things including building a box for controlling expansion and top balancing to 3.65v.

Did a capacity test and, although I do not have sophisticated testing equipment to test with 100% accuracy, it appears I was definitely getting less than 280 amp hours.

More concerning is – after fully charging my battery pack with my Redac BCD1040 solar charger and overkill BMS to 14.6V, and then allowing it to float back down to 13.56 V, the battery will then very quickly decay down to 13.3 V with very little load current drawn (less than 5AH).

It seems to me that regardless of the battery capacity test performance obtained, the battery should not drop from its fully charged float state of 13.56 V to 13.3 V with only five amp hours of power consumption.

Could this be an indication of a significantly used cells?

If not, how can it be explained that the cells are dropping from a fully charged float state of 13.56 V to 13.3 V with only five amp hours of consumption?

Every single LiFePO4 SOC chart and/or table I've looked at shows that the battery voltage should not decay that quickly.

diy solar

diy solar
Back