diy solar

diy solar

Watchpower for Windows - help please

Steve Fractals

Hi guys,

I'm trying not get support from MPP regarding an F52 fault.

They need a copy of my logs. They told me to connect my laptop and download logs using watchpower for Windows but I just can't get watchpower to see my inverter.

I'm using a serial to usb and windows has found and installed the com port ok etc.

I go into watchpower and no com port or inverter appears in the left. Into into com port settings and it shows com port 3 which is the serial to usb and it's selected to scan but I get nothing on the main screen. I've also tried setting various matching Bauds rates but no joy.

Anyone had this issue and found a resolution?

Mine just magically starting work after plugging and deplugging the USB/RS232 converter at the laptop. WatchPower is a poor chunk of software. I can't get any version of it to find the equipment except for ver 1.13. My equipment is EG4-6500 though. I also think WatchPower may also be windows version sensitive. I'm running 10.0.18363.1556 and it works. Voltronics has a ftp site that has an achive of WatchPower versions, you might look around and see if you can find a version that works.

Can't find that FTP site or any site that offers anything other than 1.14. don't suppose you still have the link to 1.13 do you?

I do but can't attach it since it is on my pc and I don't have internet service to my house. I'll type here and hope for the best! If it doesn't work, let me know.

ftps.voltronic.com.tw/V/ViewPower-C76A89B88C10454AA513/WatchPower/

With MPP Solar inverters I found WatchPower will work for some inverters while SolarPower works on others. Tried SolarPower on an LV6048..didn't work. I tried WatchPower and PRESTO! it works. LVX6048 works with SolarPower...didn't work with WatchPower. The software comes from the same software developer, and yet my PC cannot have both installed on the same PC which is a bummer since both apps look the same when running. I had to uninstall one to make the other work. Wish they would make one to work on ALL MPP Solar inverters.

With MPP Solar inverters I found WatchPower will work for some inverters while SolarPower works on others. Tried SolarPower on an LV6048..didn't work. I tried WatchPower and PRESTO! it works. LVX6048 works with SolarPower...didn't work with WatchPower. The software comes from the same software developer, and yet my PC cannot have both installed on the same PC which is a bummer since both apps look the same when running. I had to uninstall one to make the other work. Wish they would make one to work on ALL MPP Solar inverters.
I can't get my MPP PIP6048MT to work with any PC versions. I need to collect my logs for MPP to diagnose an issue but no matter what I cannot get them to connect. I have tried 2 laptops and 3 serial to usb converters. I and WP can see my com port and I've tried all the baud settings etc. Also tried a few diff versions of the apps and no joy. Can't even get an OTG USB stick to work as per the manual.

Can't find that FTP site or any site that offers anything other than 1.14. don't suppose you still have the link to 1.13 do you?
Thanks, I've now tried several versions and still no joy. I'm starting to think my 6048MT has faulty ports or that they haven't been properly implemented in firmware. Being a 3rd line IT engineer, I do know how to configure com ports etc and just cannot get this thing to connect. The only connection I can get is through WP mobile.

Back