diy solar

diy solar

What do you guys think about this Power Station?

shibumila

I have a new smoker (30 watt) and I'm looking for a power station that doesn't need to be huge capacity. I've looked at Rockpals and Jockery.... but then I discovered this new Indiegogo project. I'm willing to take the risks of the crowd funded project... but what do you guys think about the specs?

297Wh Battery
9-Way Output
USB-C PD 100W
2.5hr Fast-Recharging (Dual input Charge)
Solar Powered (with Panel Addon)
12V regulated

I'm not going to get it until late this year, but I'm okay with that... other than that It seems to hit all the check boxes....

https://igg.me/at/wWTI-ltZeus/x/7188883#/ (Non-Affiliate Link)

2020-08-19_16-35-04.png

Attachments

• uts1cnghzzdvzvpwqpbw.jpg
    uts1cnghzzdvzvpwqpbw.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
  • uts1cnghzzdvzvpwqpbw.jpg
    uts1cnghzzdvzvpwqpbw.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
I think it's silly. So tiny.

What is a 30W smoker? Is that a slang term? Is it for vaping? Boomers want to know.

I think it's silly. So tiny.

What is a 30W smoker? Is that a slang term? Is it for vaping? Boomers want to know.
He made me go look for the $219 price.
Looks like a ladies purse.
Dunno what a 30W smoker is too.
Vapid would describe that hand bag

It's a BBQ people!

But one that needs power to run an auger to drive the pellets, so I can take this camping if I get a good power source.

I should be able to get 10 hours run time.

I'm pretty sure the electrons look the same regardless if they are coming from a purse or not.

Image 2020-08-19 at 6.04.18 PM.png

It's a BBQ people!
Lol actually that was my first thought but the vape was funnier.
Damn you bought that smoker on Indiegogo too? What else are you buying on there?
You need a manly generator to go with that BBQ like the Bluetti AC200 I got sucked into.

Too many of these small generators for sale now.

30W my ass.

Q: What are the electric requirements?
US - 100~120V, 60Hz, 230W, 3-Prong Grounded Plug AU - 220~240V, 50Hz, 235W, 3-Prong Grounded Plug

Looks like your e-satchel will provide about 1 hour of run time, assuming its 400W surge can be run for that long vs. the 100W rated power.

haha..
It's a not any type of purse, bag, or satchel!!!

I'm okay on the power requirements... somewhere else they state... that for the ignition at the beginning of the burn, for about 3 minutes... it will surge @ 230W, thus the requirement. But during the cook, all the needs to happen is an auger inside needs to move the pellets to the burn... so that's the 30 watts.

In reality, some guy monitored his cook, and it never went over 140 watts during the ignition... and never over 17 watts during the cook.

Thanks for doubling checking the numbers... that would have been a bummer.

I just like this unit better than battery stations... because 1. It's cheaper 2. I like I can charge it in 2.5 hours 3. On Solar... I can get a full charge in a day. (5 hours)

@MBR I liked that Bluetti AC200.... but that is way outside my budget, especially when I adding in the 7 panels to get a charge in a day... But when the earthquake hits.. I'll probably be pissed when I'm sitting there holding my e-purse.

30W my ass.

Q: What are the electric requirements?
US - 100~120V, 60Hz, 230W, 3-Prong Grounded Plug AU - 220~240V, 50Hz, 235W, 3-Prong Grounded Plug

Looks like your e-satchel will provide about 1 hour of run time, assuming its 400W surge can be run for that long vs. the 100W rated power.

It looks line an old radio, I find it's a good and fresh design.

It's from Aukey. This brand is in Germany known for solid and well made things and so I guess this is a reliable powerstation.

Like Ely, it looked like little AM/FM Boom Box to me too. I have a few suggestions you might consider:

1.) Does it have 12v regulated? You may not need it now but, in the future when you find more uses for it you may regret not having 12v regulated.

2.) What is the battery chemistry and the cycle life?

3.) What is the usable capacity of the battery through the inverter?

4.) Buy as big a unit as you can afford. Often, we regret not spending that little extra and buying something we could have grown into instead of settling for what we thought we needed at the time. Trying to save a few bucks now might hurt you later.

5.) Take another look at the tried and true products that have been reviewed by Will, Hobotech, and others so you know exactly what to expect out of the box.

diy solar

diy solar
Back