diy solar

diy solar

What should i be producing?

bulto

Hi everyone first time user on your site.
I have fitted 4 x 540w solar panels to an outbuilding a 2400w grid tie micro inverter, its a plug and play system ( I have never had a solar system before) because I'm on a budget there are no batteries it's just using it as I make it.
The PV power is between 1200w to just over 1600w and I live in spain, does that sound about right or should it be producing more? Like I say I'm new to all this and some of the simple terminology to you guys is baffling to me so be gentle, I'm sure I'll get it in the end.

I have fitted 4 x 540w solar panels to an outbuilding a 2400w grid tie micro inverter, its a plug and play system ( I have never had a solar system before) because I'm on a budget there are no batteries it's just using it as I make it.
The PV power is between 1200w to just over 1600w and I live in spain, does that sound about right or should it be producing more? Like I say I'm new to all this and some of the simple terminology to you guys is baffling to me so be gentle, I'm sure I'll get it in the end.
Depends on where in Spain, If you have any shading, Weather but results doesn’t seem awful.

How are the panels mounted , are they south facing , what angle are they on ?

540w X 4 = 2160w total

But you'll hardly ever actually see that full number at any one time

1200w - 1600w seems normal to me

You should make on average 5x your panels watts per day in summer

So your 2160w of panels should average 10800wh (10.8kwh) per day

But that's only an average, on good days you could make 16/17kwh , on a bad day it might only make 2kwh

How are the panels mounted , are they south facing , what angle are they on ?

540w X 4 = 2160w total

But you'll hardly ever actually see that full number at any one time

1200w - 1600w seems normal to me
Thanks for your reply the angle is 17° facing south east. If you think that's normal that will do me.

You should make on average 5x your panels watts per day in summer

So your 2160w of panels should average 10800wh (10.8kwh) per day

But that's only an average, on good days you could make 16/17kwh , on a bad day it might only make 2kwh
Thanks for the reply Wednesday and Thursday made 11kwh other days 7 to 9 kwh.

Hi I'm in a rural area of alicante view of the mountain no shade
Nice clean and tidy install

Thanks for the reply Wednesday and Thursday made 11kwh other days 7 to 9 kwh.

Your production will be cut by a small amount because the panels are not exactly south facing

Watch out for shading from trees , and dirty solar panels , both can effect solar production massively

Looks like you've got plenty of roof space for more panels , as finances allow !
Yeah we've got a little space left on the roof ha ha.
How much more could I add safely to this system, there must be a maximum you can produce with a plug and play, I've installed a 16amp socket wired to the consumer unit

Yeah we've got a little space left on the roof ha ha.
How much more could I add safely to this system, there must be a maximum you can produce with a plug and play, I've installed a 16amp socket wired to the consumer unit

Can I see photos and model numbers I might be able to point you in the right direction

There are many solar calculators online. You enter your PV setup, location and angle, and it gives you an approximation of what you should be producing, during various months of the year.
For example:

It is a bit optimistic, as it can take into consideration all the effects, but it should give you a rough idea.

This is the inverter when I took it out of the box, it's now mounted under the panels so impossible to see now.
I know I can connect another inverter to it and more panels but like I asked there must be a cut off point because I'm putting power into my house via a plug socket and I don't want any accidents or fires, your advice and experience would be very appreciated

Attachments

• IMG-20230530-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20230530-WA0007.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 5
Back