diy solar

diy solar

Which optimizer works with Renogy

ward00

Hello, I just started using my horizontal series string of 5 Renogy 100w panels and realized that I will have shade that will sweep horizontally across the panels, where the shade in the morning starts by covering 4 of the panels on one side of the horizontal string and at the end of the day covers 4 of the panels on the other side of the horizontal string, There is full sunlight on all panels during only about 2 hours a day. Other that these 2 hours I get no appreciable output.

My understanding is that if I were to mount a power optimizer on each panel, I would get at least "SOME" output during all hours that at least one panel is exposed to the sun.

My question will be, what power optimizer works with Renogy panels?

FYI - I cant mount the 5 panels vertically?

Last edited:
I was trying to keep the discussion simple by not going into all the details. Can't do what you suggest because would be to much current for my application. Can anyone answer my question, what optimizer will work with Renogy panels? Tigo?

Tigo is inverter agnostic. The Tigo TS4-A-O is the model that includes optimization. The TS4-A-O requires the CCA and TAP.

Back