diy solar

diy solar

Will 6000 xp restart on grid after a total power loss?

Alvin1047

New to my 6000xp and running closed loop with eg4 battery. It is switching seamlessly to grid when reaching end of discharge setting and goes seamlessly back on when PV comes up and charges battery back up to 10 or 11 percent above my setting. All very impressive.

I'm wondering what to expect if battery is unavailable, there is no PV and then a grid outage occurs. Will it wake up on grid power and start supplying loads, or will the 6000xp have to be restarted?
So even if my wifi router is on grid power will I have to make an in person visit to the inverter?

I did a test once by turning my PV off, grid input breaker off, set On-Grid EOD SOC to 25% and set Discharge cutoff-SOC to 22%. Once system shutdown at 21% SOC, I turned grid breaker back on and everything started up. I want to redo this test though and plan to the next time I’m at our cabin/system.

We aren’t at our cabin all the time so this auto restart is critical for my critical loads such as deep freezer, fridge, internet for monitoring, etc.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what to expect if battery is unavailable, there is no PV and then a grid outage occurs. Will it wake up on grid power and start supplying loads, or will the 6000xp have to be restarted?
So even if my wifi router is on grid power will I have to make an in person visit to the inverter?
If batteries are unavailable and the grid is down, you would need to be onsite to turn on the inverter when the grid or PV power is restored.

However, if you have batteries that are only discharged to their cutoff voltage/percentage but still retain some power, the inverter will enter standby mode and automatically activate when PV or grid power returns, but if the batteries are completely depleted, the inverter will have no power, and you will need to be onsite to turn it on.

I ran a short term test as follows: Switched my only EG4 battery off at the battery breaker. Switched PV off at the inverter. Switched grid power off at the breaker in the grid panel. Waited a few minutes and restored the grid power. Inverter woke up and began supplying power in bypass mode. Restored both battery and PV. Normal operation resumed on my settings.
Reassuring but doesn't tell me what happens when the total outage is long term. If anyone has run a long term test or had a long term total outage please respond. Or If EG4 can say if the necessary start and run settings are sticky or will be lost after a long total outage?

diy solar

diy solar
Back