diy solar

diy solar

Micro-air Soft Start

bikerider4818

For those that have a Micro-air soft start....
I installed my Micro-air soft start ony 3 ton Carrier a/c unit, completed the 5 learning starts and the a/c is running perfectly and the amps went from 70 down to 25. The only thing I have a question about is....is the soft start supposed to only have power to it when the a/c compressor is turned on? Right now when the compressor is not running, the lights on the soft start are off and I can't connect to it via the phone app. When the thermostat calls for cooling and starts the compressor then I can connect via the app and see all of the data. Does this sound correct?

For those that have a Micro-air soft start....
I installed my Micro-air soft start ony 3 ton Carrier a/c unit, completed the 5 learning starts and the a/c is running perfectly and the amps went from 70 down to 25. The only thing I have a question about is....is the soft start supposed to only have power to it when the a/c compressor is turned on? Right now when the compressor is not running, the lights on the soft start are off and I can't connect to it via the phone app. When the thermostat calls for cooling and starts the compressor then I can connect via the app and see all of the data. Does this sound correct?
Yes, it only has power when the air conditioner is running. I have it on my 5 ton and that’s exactly how it functions and I think there is a YouTube video that also states that.

The soft start is powered by the contactor when the demand is there. I went from 109amps to 39 amps on a 5T unit. Lights no longer dim in the house. Very happy with it.
Same behavior here, my 2019 5-ton TRANE inrush went down from 162amps to 33amps. When the unit is not running, the soft start has no power and no bluetooth connect is possible.

I self installed an ICM Brand soft start on my home a/c condenser and it also works great. 3 ton unit and it dropped the startup amps from 62 to 24 amps

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_091255948.jpg
    IMG_20230825_091255948.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Crossposting my two HVAC EasyStarts from last week.

Follow up question. I have a two stage compressor/air conditioner. When I do the learn process, should I be lowering the thermostat down just enough to trigger stage one or lower it several degrees so that it kicks on the second stage?

Back