diy solar

diy solar

100Ah pack with yellow lid/top and a dozen names (Ogreen, Konce..)

Unfortunately I'm not brave or skilled enough to do a tear down. :(

I'll contact Ogreen and show them this forum post to give them a chance to respond.
About to do a second full discharge and charge test. My test had little method, as I don't have more equipment and I just messed up during charging :)

I can confirm that ~660Wh of capacity is accurate. I tested with different set up. 12v100Ah fully charged battery connected to a 1000W pure sine wave inverter, 2 old type light bulbs 100W+40W as pure resistive load put in, series with a kilowatt meter. I found that after 4hr24mins, battery voltage dropped to 10.7v, inverter low voltage protection kicked in and shut off. Kilowatt meter shows 600Wh. 90% efficiency inverter have 10% power lost. 660Wh is quite right. So, don't buy such cheapy but only half capacity batteries.

I can confirm that ~660Wh of capacity is accurate. I tested with different set up.
Disappointing to hear as well. Have you contacted your seller?
For me, it was mostly a fun and cheap first experiment but I had hoped for a bit more.
I'm planning on using it mainly as a sort of UPS for my modem for now, even 600Wh should last me a good while once I find a way to regulate the power to 12V (don't want the chance of 14V blowing up my modem...)

Disappointing to hear as well. Have you contacted your seller?
For me, it was mostly a fun and cheap first experiment but I had hoped for a bit more.
I'm planning on using it mainly as a sort of UPS for my modem for now, even 600Wh should last me a good while once I find a way to regulate the power to 12V (don't want the chance of 14V blowing up my modem...)
I have contacted seller to see if they can refund me partially.

I have contacted seller to see if they can refund me partially.
keep me updated! My seller (Ogreen) was asking for more information but after I provided that, they now seem more vague...
Ogreen said:
You are testing the capacity through load appliances, right?, The battery can be charged and discharged normally, right?
So if they don't give me a decent explanation or advise today, I think I'll head for the Dispute centre and ask a 35% refund which sounds fair for a 50% working product.
I don't think I would've dared buying if I wasn't a Diamond member of Aliexpress ;)

Ugh yeah I just checked some more recent reviews on this battery and the few that look like it and it seems that recently others are having the same experience. Sucks though I've been watching these for some time now. Foe those of you following this I did find a semi reputable battery on amazon/ebay they have been tested and reviewed and are only $220. They go on sale regularly for about $200 12v 100ah some testing over 100ah. They are called TCB worth. Cheapest reliable ones I could find other then the redodos I got on sale on ebay for $225

keep me updated! My seller (Ogreen) was asking for more information but after I provided that, they now seem more vague...

So if they don't give me a decent explanation or advise today, I think I'll head for the Dispute centre and ask a 35% refund which sounds fair for a 50% working product.
I don't think I would've dared buying if I wasn't a Diamond member of Aliexpress ;)
Seller refused to give compensation. Dispute filed and aliexpress stepped in and agreed my complaint. End up refunded me 20%.
Name of seller is SANBEN Energy Storage Store.

Yeah, I'm not feeling great about buying one of these from "Ogreen Lifepo4 cell Store". I purchased it on August 29th and there is still no tracking information on aliexpress. The seller messaged me and said "Dear friend, your parcel is expected to arrive at Hong Kong on the 9.25" but it's a little dissappointing that it took a month to get it that far. And I will be sure to do a few capacity tests and see how it performs does if I ever get it. Anything less that 100Ah and I will be asking for a full refund and leaving a detailed review.

My 100Ah Ogreen battery arrived yesterday it looks nice and was packed well. It weighs 13.1lbs. For some reason they didn't use aliexpress tracking system at all they just sent me a message in aliexpress with a fedex label that had the tracking number on it for the USA leg of the trip. I did two full capacity tests and both times I only got 50Ah so this is definitely not a 100Ah battery. The sticker on the battery clearly says it's supposed to be 100Ah. I'm requesting a refund from the seller.

20231003_160918.jpg20231003_053220.jpg

OK So here's the final ending of this saga. The seller is laughing at me and keeps saying "The corresponding price has a corresponding value." Which I think is Chinese for "you get what you pay for". Check the recent reviews of this battery which weren't posted when I ordered it. There are 7 new reviews in the last week all saying how the battery is a scam.

My final appeal was denied by AliExpress. AliExpress waited with no contact for 13 days after opening the case and then said “To better help you solve the problem, it is recommended that you provide: First charge the battery to 14.6V, then discharge it to 10V. Please provide test data and results of the battery in video/photos. Please reply this email within 24 hours.”

So I ran the 14.6V to 10.0V discharge test again (the 4th time now) and documented it with photos exactly as they suggested.

They said “we have carefully revisited all the proof provided, including the newly updated proof and found that the proof is not effective enough to prove your claim. And now this request has exceeded the AliExpress protection period.”

They waited 13 days to reply so it’s their fault that the protection period is over. They gave no reason for why my “proof” was not effective. I think I’m F’d. So be careful buying ANYTHING on Aliexpress. They won’t help you if the seller defrauds you.

20231102_101508.jpg
20231102_101513.jpg
20231102_152208.jpg

Ugh that does suck. Was really excited to see batteries so cheap but it is what it is. Sorry for your loss but thx for researching it for us! I can say that I have ordered name brand stuff from aliexpress, not from any of those companies, and everything I got was just fine and up to spec so there is def good stuff on there for half the price it is on Amazon or ebay.

Photo evidence may not enough to prove clearly. I used video camera (every 4 seconds take 1 frame) to record all the things from start to stop. The video file will be relatively small, easier send to convince aliexpress customer support. Anyway amazon is more buyer friendly.

Back