diy solar

diy solar

1012LV - Were is my extra solar going?

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
1684428355474.png

MPP Solar 1012LV-MS w/ Solar Assistant using Victron SmartShunt for Battery statistics...

It's my understanding that the 1012LV has between 15-25 Watts of overhead. However, these stats implies it must be closer to 100 Watts. Can anyone confirm?

Inverters (especially cheaper Chinese ones) are poor at reporting actual stats. In any case though,

520w of Solar coming in, at 98% efficiency = ~510w.
510w going to loads and charging at 90% efficiency = 459w of usable energy.
199+234w (load+batt charging) = 433w. Its only off by 26w. And this is all rough estimates.

You also can't use the standby consumptions, because you are not in standby/idle! Once you have any load, you are not at idle, and you must account for efficiency. The lower the load the worse the efficiency as well. There is an efficiency curve, and typically peak efficiency is somewhere between 50-70% of max load, usually.

Thank you @Lt.Dan ! There is a setting in Solar Assistant for the standby consumption of the Inverter. (I have it set to 15W). However, I didn't think about that Solar Assistant wouldn't account for efficiency loss...

edit: I should say that I didn't think about efficiency loss and it makes sense that Solar Assistant is only reading numbers at the various meters within the AIO/Victron

Back