diy solar

diy solar

2 400 watt panels 2 200 watt panels

What do you mean by normal 400W? (or were you referring to the 200W). The 400W ones are in a standard form factor.

I actually think the 2P is OK except for the PITA in finding some of the parts. But I linked Monroe Titan which has everything.

That Bouge RV price is kind of high for 400W, but maybe OP bought it on a discount / living in an area where it's not possible to get the regular prices.

These are going on the roof of an RV I assume? Both at the same angle, I really don't understand why you don't just save a lot of hassle and connect in series. Also again, if you can return these panels and buy normal 400w ones do it. You've been ripped off, sorry.
On a roof with tilt brackets, ripped off or not money is not the issue. ?

If you like the 200W form factor, you might want to look around to see if someone makes a "half size" version of the 400W panel you linked.

The problem is that the 200W spec sheet you linked is with the older cell arrangement (lower current per cell, so they make up for it with more in series). While the 400W panels use the new higher current cells, and they compensate by dropping the number of series cells. You would be able to tell by seeing that the 200W panel has ~13.5A ISC

Back