diy solar

diy solar

200 amp DC breaker for 48v system

NomNomCameron

I'm having a hard time finding a DC breaker I can put between my 48v 280ah 16s3p battery bank and my bus bars that I connect to my inverter and charge controllers.

The only breakers I can find will take 1/0 wire. I currently have 2/0 wire going from the battery bank to the main DC bus bars.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can find a 200 amp breaker that will accept 2/0 wire?

I'm having a hard time finding a DC breaker I can put between my 48v 280ah 16s3p battery bank and my bus bars that I connect to my inverter and charge controllers.

The only breakers I can find will take 1/0 wire. I currently have 2/0 wire going from the battery bank to the main DC bus bars.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where I can find a 200 amp breaker that will accept 2/0 wire?
Consider breakers with bolt down terminals that for cables the use crimped lugs.

Midnite MNEDC250:

20240624_092130.jpg20240624_092231.jpg

Eaton makes one as well.

I have the Midnites in my old school Trace Inverter. They are mounted in an Outback Power Center. You'll need to come up with an enclosure for a Midnite breaker unless you don't mind it floating around in space.

You'll want to study the AIC rating of whichever breaker you choose to make sure it can survive the fault current that a LFP can deliver. Do you also have a Class T fuse?

diy solar

diy solar
Back