diy solar

diy solar

Where to use 2/0 wiring?

I have 2 pieces at 4 feet each. For the DC side if no good, then when I buy an all-in-one inverter in the future, I can use this to go between it and a wall-mounted panel, then (which I already own)?
So 8 feet at 5.77/ft so what $50?

so you intend on using this for DC input to a victron inverter? No AC output has that capacity.

The cable entrances for my MPII have a little bend in the cables in there to make my 2/0 lugs sit flat.

The lugs on the PBC boards with insulation around it, it does have a little flex, but and constant stress isn’t good for a high current connection.

Well I wouldn’t use it between my batteries and the inverter, I used 4/0.

You size your cables accordingly for potential current at maximum power from the inverter, and fuse appropriately to protect the cables from an over current situation. My 12k Growatt could potentially pull in excess of 275 amps. My cable run between the battery rack and the inverter is 12 feet.

Where and what type/size fuses do you use?

Do yourself a favor and get windy nation 2 awg welding wire. Good to 208 amps. Very easy to bend. Get some quality lugs like temco or any marine grade lug and good and use good hydraulic crimpers or buy the correct cables cut to length and pre crimped.

Where and what type/size fuses do you use?
Each battery has a 300 amp class-t fuse about 12” from the positive post. Then roughly 40” of cable to a 100 amp breaker that’s bolted to the bus bar. The negative output of the BMS is also 40”. You can see the build in the link on my signature, and I’ll add a double of shots here.

Attachments

• IMG_7648.jpeg
    IMG_7648.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7645.jpeg
    IMG_7645.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7646.jpeg
    IMG_7646.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7649.jpeg
    IMG_7649.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 7
Each battery has a 300 amp class-t fuse about 12” from the positive post. Then roughly 40” of cable to a 100 amp breaker that’s bolted to the bus bar. The negative output of the BMS is also 40”. You can see the build in the link on my signature, and I’ll add a double of shots here.
I like it, mid-mount 2 post server rack with trays.

I like it, mid-mount 2 post server rack with trays.
It’s actually a repurposed Power Conversion Products (Eaton) telecommunications DC distribution rack. Super heavy duty, was designed for lead batteries, each shelf rated at 560 pounds. I saved it from the scrapyard 15 years ago.

Back