diy solar

diy solar

2/0 crimp lugs...

Mark-

Hello,

I have some 2/0 welding cable and want to use it to connect some batteries to a bus bar.
The battery terminals are 1/4" (M6) and the lug blade, for the short cable(s) included with the battery, is 1/2" wide.
The battery terminal block could handle a bit wider lug. All the 2/0 crimp lugs I have found are too wide.
Anyone know of a crimp lug for 2/0 wire that has a blade width of 1/2" or a bit larger?

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. I have found a 2/0 to #4 AWG crimping reducer and might have to go that route.

Don't know about a crimp lug, but you might find something like this that will work. A bit inelegant outside their intended use, but they work. I've used them on 2/0 and other large size wires on inverters. Most hardware stores have a few, and an electrical supply house should have a good selection.

Attachments

• lug.jpg
    lug.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1
Don't know about a crimp lug, but you might find something like this that will work. A bit inelegant outside their intended use, but they work. I've used them on 2/0 and other large size wires on inverters. Most hardware stores have a few, and an electrical supply house should have a good selection.
Yes I have used them for other applications. Thanks for the idea.

Back