diy solar

diy solar

2000W inverter on Higee Lifepo4

HKZBob

Hello Forum,

Questions to my RV system.

I have an inverter 12V/DC 230V AC
2000W.

Wabt to build a Higee 12V 120Ah pack from BLS. My budget is limited.
Cell pack is 420$.

Will you Lifepo4 Higee can work well.
The spec sheet only listing 120A continues.
My inverter can take up to 166A and with all the losses cos phi it may take more.

Regards
Bob

It will come down to the load you plan on the inverter supporting. If you only put 500W on it, it will work fine. If you put 2000W on it (which also includes anything with a poor power factor that raises the load to 2000W apparent), things get difficult. The inverter has an efficiency rating so you may find that at 2000W out the inverter is drawing 2200W. That's 183A.

Please post a link to the spec sheet.

Looks like the cell can support 240A for 3 mins with a recommended discharge rate of 120A. If you have a single string of these cells they aren't going to be up to the job IMO. They will do 183A but not for long. If you do high current discharges it will eat into the cell life cycle count. If you don't plan on drawing more than about 1000W from the inverter it will work too.

4 cells will give you around 1.5kWh of storage so even if can you do these very high power draws your run time will be limited.

If you have 8 cells in a series / parallel arrangement it will work. Your BMS will have to be capable of this high current too.

Thank you on the BMS in targeting the

Qucc 3S 4S 12V BMS 250A Lifepo4 Lipo Lithium-Li ionen Batterie BMS High Power Balance Schutz board Modul Equalizer PCB PCM.​

That unit is very afforable but the low voltage cut-off is at 2.2V but the part looks well designed. I like the strong copper busbars.

So for the battery I have to look for an alternative. Do you have an recomendation. I am a resident of Germany so I prefer to purchase them in Poland Warehouse from AE.

All others is a hassle and pain. Customs duty and long shipping.

What do you think of the BMS. See Data below. Some of the values are questionable. But I have not seen such a nice design for this rate!

Regards
Bob

Attachments

• QUCC 250A.JPG
    QUCC 250A.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1
  • QUCC BMS 250A.JPG
    QUCC BMS 250A.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1
I don't have much to do with the DIY battery scene so I'm not the best person to be telling you what there is out there, but I can still dig up specs and tell you what is likely to work and what isn't. You might get more responses if you post in the battery and BMS areas of the forum, but before posting have a good read of those sections your questions may have already been answered.

Back