diy solar

diy solar

24 panel delivery from Baltimore (MD) area to Northern Virginia — company recommendations?

mularkey

I'm looking for a company / service provider that can pick-up 24 used panels from the Baltimore area, and deliver them to Northern Virginia. I want to find a service provider that knows how to deliver panels safely without damage to the panels themselves, and generally has experience and trust with this kind of thing.

Can anybody recommend a company or person in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area who would be good for this job?

Why not U-haul?
Any decent freight handler with insurance should be able it handle it no problem, especially if both locations have a loading dock and/or forklift and/or pallet jack. *with long forks or extensions pending panel size / fork pocket orientation on the pallet.

Neither location has any of those things, here's a picture below from pick-up location — purchased because of an excellent price. Delivery is the hurdle.

I would expect a freight handler to be able to package the panels with corner protectors and foam pads, layers of cardboard between panels, set up on a pallet, etc. I could do this personally, but I would appreciate connecting with a handler who has experience specifically with solar panels for this.

1696292079559.png

Hmmm I'm not aware of any, hopefully others will be.
If it gives you any reassurance I've transported panels from NJ to PA in the bed of my truck with no issues. 1 load was 20 the other load was 12.
The first load was banded to a pallet and shrunk wrap with corner protectors then ratchet strapped down, the second was just stacked on the pallet and ratchet strapped down.

They don't look like they've received white glove treatment so far. From Balmer to northern VA, strap them down on a U-Haul for that 45 minute drive.

Back