diy solar

diy solar

2x Overkill Solar 4s 120a BMS $100/each obo

Toel

I have two fully functional Overkill Solar 4s 120a BMSs up for sale. They have 3x 12” 10awg wires terminated to 5/16 tin plated copper lugs. We have been using the units for about 18 months and they have been flawless. Recently, they even powered a showdown between our solar powered mini-split and a 97 degree day. Here is a silly video to commentate the experience… (It appears there is a problem with the link showing nicely but if you click “visit Instagram” it seems to work.)

It is actually because of that success that I am selling and upgrading our trailer to 24v system and therefore new BMSs. We stayed in the desert for another week after the 97 degree day and when the temps were in the mid-80s we were even able to cook on our induction cooktop and bake bread in our electric toaster oven while gaining power. However, it was tedious since we would need to turn off the AC while we cooked and vise versa. Hence the desire to upgrade to 24v and a 4000w inverter.

Anyway, as I said, the BMSs work great so let me know if you are interested.

We will be in Minneapolis, MN for most of June then we’ll be driving to NH and ME. I can of course ship it, but if you live along the route we could meet up to exchange.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back