diy solar

diy solar

30a power with Multiplus II 120v 2x

RoadTurtle

Solar Enthusiast
Our snowbird site is going to be on 30a site (50a 5th wheel). Limiting power inlet to 30a, does this mean I will have 6000w (3600 + 2400) available and shared across both L1 & L2? Main AC has EasyStart installed, and I have yet to need both AC units running at the same time. Last winter there were a few times I had to run both the fireplace and space heater running, but I believe they are on separate legs.
Unfortunately, I'll also need to buy a portable EMS. Rear power inlet has a hard wired EMS, but I use a front power inlet I installed that goes through the generator ATS to the MP.

You'll have 2880+2400w or so as the MP will limit to 80% per NEC. Usually I'll put it at 33amps just because 2 AC units is right under 30 amps.

You'll have 2880+2400w or so as the MP will limit to 80% per NEC. Usually I'll put it at 33amps just because 2 AC units is right under 30 amps.
I have yet to need to run the 2nd AC. Improving the main AC airflow made a huge difference. I haven't even bothered to put an easystart on the 2nd AC unit.

Does this mean I'll have 6000w (I understand the 80% guidance), on L1 or L2 or shared across L1+L2?

I have yet to need to run the 2nd AC. Improving the main AC airflow made a huge difference. I haven't even bothered to put an easystart on the 2nd AC unit.

Does this mean I'll have 6000w (I understand the 80% guidance), on L1 or L2 or shared across L1+L2?
Shared across L1+L2 so basically L1 and L2 are combined and only 120V normal appliances will work, which is basically how being on inverter works anyways and its rare to have 240V appliances on RVs (only some dryers and ranges). Below is the datasheet and it'll be the middle 120VAC image instead of the right split phase.

So everything will work just like normal and be seamless with nothing to worry about as long as you stay under 6000w and have enough battery to last when you're above the 2800w shore with room to recharge.

diy solar

diy solar
Back