diy solar

diy solar

48Vdc inverter (no charger) putting out 3500 watts at 120/240Vac 60hz Am I trying to reinvent the wheel?

Contact them and ask if it would unreasonable to pay $20 to ship the magnum now.
Availability is a real concern right now.
Consider that a hedge, or calling their bluff. Either way you win or reduce losses
I don’t blame them It weighs 160+ pounds. Also I don’t have the batteries yet as they are also bobbing around out at sea. I guess they like to ship all the stuff together because shipping just the panels they tend to get broken more often. I understand shipping panels don’t work out very well for any of the online solar suppliers.

I just think I’ll stay with a reputable domestic source or Amazon.
Sketchy waiting for stuff you paid for. I’m not into that.

But it's such a great and intense feeling of anticipation with a sprinkle of fear (and eventual relief) mixed in there though, a definite to-do item on the bucket list for sure o_O

(I know I was sure happy after the 4 months went by and they finally came, you can't simulate that sense of well-being in any other way that I'm aware of)

I am dealing with US based solar suppliers. The stuff I ordered from them they get from China. LifePO4 batteries and REC solar panels. All the magnum/midnite and Victron equipment they actually had in stock.

But it's such a great and intense feeling of anticipation with a sprinkle of fear (and eventual relief) mixed in there though, a definite to-do item on the bucket list for sure o_O

(I know I was sure happy after the 4 months went by and they finally came, you can't simulate that sense of well-being in any other way that I'm aware of)
No this is not a fun feeling having close to $15,000.00 dollars bobbing around at sea for 1 solid month now. And no idea how much longer.

No this is not a fun feeling having close to $15,000.00 dollars bobbing around at sea for 1 solid month now. And no idea how much longer.

Yeah I only had about $1100 on the line at the most (at any one time I've bought stuff), for you maybe is more like a spoonful of fear hehe... Wishing you well, hope you get your equipment soon...?

I ordered the same Magnum a little over a month ago. They had it in stock but the panels are bobbing around at sea. They are waiting to ship all at once.
I had a discussion with a friend of mine recently. He is a crane inspector at ports in the SF Bay Area.

I poked, prodded and pried at him until he finally said "the crane operators are causing some of the delays" by not wanting to work so much.

I imagine that is one of many causes for all the BS these days.

This product will indeed output 120/240v split phase, as seen in the USA power system. The 240v input means that in order to get the battery charger to work, you must supply it 240v power.

Shameless plug: I own a ecommerce site, www.currentconnected.com, and offer the unit you linked, at the same price. If you have interest in supporting our small business at no extra cost to you, then feel free to order through us here:

Not a "shameless plug" at all. Thank you for contacting AIMS directly to clarify their product does meet my needs.

The feeling changes more when you add another zero or two at the end lol...This has been the best way to explain our business endeavor as of yet as an equipment supplier.
Not a "shameless plug" at all. Thank you for contacting AIMS directly to clarify their product does meet my needs.
Anyway I can be of assistance, let me know!

Back