diy solar

diy solar

4s BMS Error Message

Emajy

This error message just appeared one day and I can't find a short or a way to clear it.
Anyone have a suggestion
BMS error.PNG

Did you try turning the battery off and back on?

Did you try turning the battery off and back on?
Yes I disconnected the BMS from the battery. The BMS was one the Battery Hookup was selling and recommended by Will. The BMS was working and then just kept giving me the error message. The Inverter also throws an error message

Yes I disconnected the BMS from the battery. The BMS was one the Battery Hookup was selling and recommended by Will. The BMS was working and then just kept giving me the error message. The Inverter also throws an error message
I was talking about the battery on / off in the App,

try touching the 2 main bms wires together.might reset.
I was able to get the MOSFET Lock unlocked by turning it on and off in the app.. Still getting the short protect error and the MPP Controller says fault and flashesMPP.jpg

A few minutes later the short cleared and it is all working again. Not sure the reason for the fault was but it appears to have self corrected. Thanks everyone for your help.

Maybe it was the inrush current when you connected the inverter. Look at the settings in the BMS for the Discharge OC and Release values.

You will have to post the other pages of your settings.
What is the pack capacity ? I am asking because some users do not set up their BMS settings correctly.

did you top balance the cells before building the battery?

I did top and bottom balance the batteries. Will have to post the settings when I get home tomorrow

I'm by no means sure. But I don't believe both top and bottom balance can be done except on maybe rarely perfectly matched cells. I think if top balanced first, then bottom balanced the top would be mismatched. I need an expert to come in.

There should be another page showing the capacity settings etc.
The above settings all seem normal.

Asking again : What is the capacity of your battery pack and configuration ?

You will have to experiment a lot to determine the most appropriate settings for your setup. To date I have saved 10 configurations implying 10 complete charge and discharge cycles. It is a laborious task -- like watching paint dry.
Try the following settings :
Cycle capacity : 150.000 Ah ; Single full voltage: 3.5v ; Single cutoff voltage: 2,85v ; 80% cap: 3.300v ; 60% cap: 3.270v ; 40% cap: 3.263v and
20% cap: 3.221v and Discharge Over current: -150amps . Make sure that your cabling / fuses are rated for this higher current. Remember that inverters draw quite a large inrush current and the previous settings may have caused the BMS to trip.
You can always go back to previous settings and experiment further.

diy solar

diy solar
Back