diy solar

diy solar

6000 xp bad start

e67

I started the 6000 xp and no battery V or kw in....the PV volts are showing....there is a warning sign on but no reds.... the dip switches are 1 up and 2=3=4 down...
battery is showing 2 green and green normal light on inverter is blinking slow green... no red lights anywhere..I don't have eps on yet.... settings are correct but menu is crappy...lousy GUI... what's wrong?????

What battery do you have?
If this is a Lifepower4 battery, you need to set the DIP switches to ID No. 0. Which would be all switched on the down position.

Attachments

• 1720812710180.png
    1720812710180.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 2
I started the 6000 xp and no battery V or kw in....the PV volts are showing....there is a warning sign on but no reds.... the dip switches are 1 up and 2=3=4 down...
battery is showing 2 green and green normal light on inverter is blinking slow green... no red lights anywhere..I don't have eps on yet.... settings are correct but menu is crappy...lousy GUI... what's wrong?????

Need waaaay more detailed info on your system.

Battery communication isn't set up.

I didn't know that the orange cable was necessary....problem fixed...
btw the fans are on constantly...I reset them to 65...but still on...what did you do about that??

I didn't know that the orange cable was necessary
It is not needed in lead acid battery mode. You can use this mode with your battery if you have problems in the future.

The fans are nearly always on, and sometime loud. Fan curve is power based, not temp based.
High PV input : very loud
High AC usage : loud

High PV input and High AC usage, Very Very loud lol

Yeah I don't believe the fan settings actually achieve anything.

I've noticed that the settings only apply to the two top fans. The third fan at the bottom seems to run on high most of the time unless the invert temps are really low and there's little to no load, or no PV. This fan is very noticable when theres alot of PV.

I've noticed that the settings only apply to the two top fans. The third fan at the bottom seems to run on high most of the time unless the invert temps are really low and there's little to no load, or no PV. This fan is very noticable when theres alot of PV.
I wonder if they have speed control on the top two but the PV fan is more aggressive.

I wonder if they have speed control on the top two but the PV fan is more aggressive.

I configured my fans to the lowest setting which seems to only affect the top two fans. They do ramp up when the inverter reaches an internally defined temp.

I found the dongle set up to be extremely lame....I somehow got a firmware update done but I don't know how it happened...it was a a bunch of mis fires..but it says I am up to date.The bluetooth works well... I would prefer to connect to my home internet with a cable..can I use one of the ethernet ports to do that?

where might I find that and what monitoring off screen options are good for the 6000...?I try to keep my air signals down to a minimum. I don't have wifi enabled on my router and I don't even leave my phone on.....I think its a good general ER policy..

where might I find that

I imagine you just need to connect the ethernet to a router and then enjoy it on PC like the rest of us.
If you connect your phone via wifi, it will be available there as well if it is on the same network.

I do not know of any point to point options. It may work directly to a computer but I have doubts.

I see on the unit display that it has a bunch of different views but not a simple total watts going into the battery.Both arrays and total watts for example 3326 watts... I think the app has that figure but I am not using the app. I don't want another wifi device and it always blinks which is obnoxious. Could a firmware update fix the total watts display thing?

I see on the unit display that it has a bunch of different views but not a simple total watts going into the battery.Both arrays and total watts for example 3326 watts... I think the app has that figure but I am not using the app. I don't want another wifi device and it always blinks which is obnoxious. Could a firmware update fix the total watts display thing?
why not get the ethernet dongle?
why not set up a guest network?
Why not set up an isolated network without internet?

Put black tape over the leds.

I imagine you just need to connect the ethernet to a router and then enjoy it on PC like the rest of us.
If you connect your phone via wifi, it will be available there as well if it is on the same network.

I do not know of any point to point options. It may work directly to a computer but I have doubts.

The inverter connects to, and sends its data to the EG4 server.

If you are connecting to your inverter via Bluetooth, you are communicating directly with the inverter.

If you are connecting through your home network, both WiFi and Ethernet, you are connecting to the EG4 server. Your device does not need to be on the same subnet as the inverter. If your WiFi or home Web connection goes down, or the EG4 server goes down, you will get nothing from that avenue.

This is why it's critically important to insure that your Bluetooth interface is working properly.

I like the ethernet dongle but CC has grossly overpriced it. They have a problem with that. Maybe someone else will offer an eth dongle from aftermarket that is about 20$....

diy solar

diy solar
Back