diy solar

diy solar

6000XP How to switch to grid?

photons2e-s

I am using the "self consumption" mode where priority is PV and battery with grid as a backup. I do not see a way to manually switch to grid when I am on PV/battery (and then back again).

Is the only way to do it by setting the "AC first start and end time" values to non-zeros?
If so, that seems odd.

Here is the setting I am referring to ---

1718499631591.png

I have a XW Pro, but i live totally on PV and battery. My GRID to inverter breaker is OFF

when battery gets low, I use the Chargeverter (CV) connected to grid to run the loads until the sun comes up or directly charge the battery

I do not do inverter charging nor grid pass through

I also have an option to charge by generator via the CV

I am using the "self consumption" mode where priority is PV and battery with grid as a backup. I do not see a way to manually switch to grid when I am on PV/battery (and then back again)
You have to manually enter the values in AC First for the time you want it to use grid bypass.

I do not see a way to manually switch to grid when I am on PV/battery (and then back again).
The AC First timings are in a way "manual" switch to grid. You can specify three such time slots.
Is the only way to do it by setting the "AC first start and end time" values to non-zeros?
If so, that seems odd.
Also, you can tell the inverter to switch to AC automatically if battery falls below set SOC/Voltage.
Look under Discharge settings tab.

diy solar

diy solar
Back