diy solar

diy solar

6000XP Parallel with Generator

diycorey

I am completely off-grid and just added a second 6000xp so I have both setup in parallel. After a few cloudy days, I needed to start the generator to get the batteries back up but was having issues. After reading more in the manual, I saw that the generator needs to be connected to both 6000XP units to work. I am wondering how others running parallel inverters and a generator are splitting the generator to both inverters? I have 6-3 wire going to a generator plug outside my solar shack and the terminals on the 6000XP wont support more than 6 gauge. I really don't want to step down to 8 gauge wire but not sure how else to split the generator power between the two units?

I am completely off-grid and just added a second 6000xp so I have both setup in parallel. After a few cloudy days, I needed to start the generator to get the batteries back up but was having issues. After reading more in the manual, I saw that the generator needs to be connected to both 6000XP units to work. I am wondering how others running parallel inverters and a generator are splitting the generator to both inverters? I have 6-3 wire going to a generator plug outside my solar shack and the terminals on the 6000XP wont support more than 6 gauge. I really don't want to step down to 8 gauge wire but not sure how else to split the generator power between the two units?
If the generator is not less than 3%, the best way would be to use a chargeverter to avoid having issues with your inverter.

diy solar

diy solar
Back