diy solar

diy solar

AC-Couple Settings Different in Mobile App and LCD Screen on EG4 18Kpv?

skoshorek

There is a settings group called Discharge Setting - AC Couple in the android mobile app. This setting has been getting turned off without any input from me during my grid down simulation. It's even crazier when I check the LCD screen settings on the inverter, and the AC-Couple setting is still on. How can the same setting be on and off at the same time? Obviously, it's NOT the same setting, or there is a disconnect between these apps. Anyone got any ideas? Forgot to mention that this is for the EG4 18Kpv.

Last edited:
There is a settings group called Discharge Setting - AC Couple in the android mobile app. This setting has been getting turned off without any input from me during my grid down simulation. It's even crazier when I check the LCD screen settings on the inverter, and the AC-Couple setting is still on. How can the same setting be on and off at the same time? Obviously, it's NOT the same setting, or there is a disconnect between these apps. Anyone got any ideas? Forgot to mention that this is for the EG4 18Kpv.
I'm replying to my own message to pass on the answer to my question, which I received from Luxpower_GIlbert in another thread. He told me the Android app setting labelled "AC-Couple", and the associated START and END settings, are only active when the grid is down. I am assuming that this is why the LCD setting labelled AC-Couple isn't always in the same "state" as the AC-Couple setting in the app. I believe the LCD setting is used to set the GEN terminals up to handle AC-coupled solar input rather than generator input, and it remains ON all the time for my system, regardless what the app AC-Couple setting says. Therefore, I was correct that these are NOT the same setting. It would sure be less confusing if the setting labels were more descriptive, or at least, not identical.

Back