diy solar

diy solar

AC coupling EG4 18k to Solark 15k

Took the multimeter and the GEN on the Solark was outputting 240v on it even though I had checked AC coupled input to Gen. Waiting to hear back from them
Thats how it's supposed to work. If it didn't have that there would be nothing for an ac coupled inverter to synchronize to and it would not even start up.

Took the multimeter and the GEN on the Solark was outputting 240v on it even though I had checked AC coupled input to Gen. Waiting to hear back from them
It’s definitely going to have 240V, even as a load (in AC coupled or in generator assist) it has voltage. IE it parallels inverter with the Gen port. It doesn’t (and can’t) connect to gen port as a strict charger

It’s definitely going to have 240V, even as a load (in AC coupled or in generator assist) it has voltage. IE it parallels inverter with the Gen port. It doesn’t (and can’t) connect to gen port as a strict charger
Yes I understand now

For what benefit?
31 posts and we're not clear about what you're trying to achieve. It would be really helpful either create a simple video, illustration or write out what your goal is with this configuration... We understand you want to have one inverter act as a generator for another.. but why are you trying to do this?

31 posts and we're not clear about what you're trying to achieve. It would be really helpful either create a simple video, illustration or write out what your goal is with this configuration... We understand you want to have one inverter act as a generator for another.. but why are you trying to do this?
Sorry about that. Too much power in my off grid system. I’m wasting sun ☀️

Also this configuration will require POCO approval, because the 18kpv is going to be paralleled with grid power via going through the SolArk. And will likely cause you to have detectable surplus export to grid

Also this configuration will require POCO approval, because the 18kpv is going to be paralleled with grid power via going through the SolArk. And will likely cause you to have detectable surplus export to grid
Got it so I was under impression I can use my batteries as the middleman so if that’s the case I wanted to charge my batteries from the 18k in my Solark system with AC coupling.

I have too much power in my off grid setup. I want to use it to help my grid tie system specially during time of use
You can connect the 18kpv to the panel via the grid input. Attach the CTs , and set up time of use.

I have too much power in my off grid setup. I want to use it to help my grid tie system specially during time of use
Setup eg4 to charge battery. Sol-ark can take power from battery during time of use high prices.

If you need more thank 12kw of ac power, then you need the more complicated setup of eg4 GRID connection to sol-ark Smartload.

Setup eg4 to charge battery. Sol-ark can take power from battery during time of use high prices.

If you need more thank 12kw of ac power, then you need the more complicated setup of eg4 GRID connection to sol-ark Smartload.
I was hoping to do that via the setup I’m trying. Could there be an issue due to the neutral / earth bond on the breaker switch?

I was hoping to do that via the setup I’m trying. Could there be an issue due to the neutral / earth bond on the breaker switch?
Disconnect the eg4 from the sol-ark. Until you do that, you don't know if there is a problem, and what is causing it. Load port to smartload is not a supported configuration.

Disconnect the eg4 from the sol-ark. Until you do that, you don't know if there is a problem, and what is causing it. Load port to smartload is not a supported configuration.
I have no problem when the breaker from eg4 18k to solark is off

diy solar

diy solar
Back