diy solar

diy solar

Ac200p dead! Please help!

AmbulanceGuy

I have owned a ac200p for almost a year. Went into my truck, lcd won't turn on. Only power button ring will glow green for approx 30 seconds. Then shuts off...

I thought this was undervoltage issue.. I took it apart and checked the battery with a multimeter, it read about 60v. I rigged up the outlet charger to charge top it off some and within 2 minutes the battery is reading 98.3v.. plugged everything back in to the proper spots.

I got power on and LCD screen for MAYBE 5 seconds, now nothing. Not even the green power ring. Im super bummed because this powers every single thing in my ambulance conversion

Any help would be absolutely appreciated ?

-Nick in NC

None of this makes sense. IIRC, the AC200P has a 16S LFP battery in it and should never read more than 58.4V.
I'm thinking the only solution would be to get it discharged back to the voltage you mentioned (58.4). Is there a method to achieve this? Thanks for taking the time to reply and assist

Is this an appropriate voltage or would the system register 45v as undervoltage?
45V/16 cells = 2.81V per cell, that is really low, about 5% SOC.
Did the unit sits around without being charged for a long long time?
Did you try using charger for an hour or two to charge it up?

45V/16 cells = 2.81V per cell, that is really low, about 5% SOC.
Did the unit sits around without being charged for a long long time?
Did you try using charger for an hour or two to charge it up?
I tried leaving the 120 wall outlet plugged in for a couple hours.. no start up. Its torn apart now. I will he happy to wall charge JUST the battery for a couple more hours.. or should I put all the connectors back together and try to charge it? Its ripped apart now. I just got worried about charging it using a rigged connector with jumper cables.

Should I completely assemble and try charging using the ac input?

Or try to jump JUST the battery using the ac charger?

Please advise because I will do both. After just a couple minutes using the ac charger straight to the battery, I reassembled the unit and got the lcd to power on hitting the power button for about 5 seconds.. then it died and I didn't even get the green power ring...

Please tell me the best course of action knowing im getting 45 volts. Unit probably sat for 2 weeks on a undervoltage discharge mode realistically

With the Voltage that low I would think the BMS would be in the low Voltage shutdown condition to stop the battery from discharging and still allow to the charge function.
I would connect everything back up and try to charge it using what ever comes with the unit for charging, with the Voltage that low it will rake more than a couple hours to see the SOC moves up, I would try it and see.
I have Bluetti EB70 that I fully charge and then I let it sit for about 2 months, check on it later and the battery is down to one bar, I wish it has hard switch to fully disconnect the battery from the circuit when not in use since the micro controller is always running.

BTW, I did the search about AC200P power draw when nothing connected or turned on, not sure if it will help you or not.

Here is Will's video:

Great!
If you did not have everything all buttoned up, you should use a clamp on DC Amp meter on one of the battery cable to check and see how much current is being drawn when everything is off, that will be good to know.

Back