diy solar

diy solar

Advice for ac coupled grid tie and load shifting

92se-r

I have an existing grid tie Solar Edge SE5000 with 15 LG315 panels. I have been lurking on the forums and have a few questions on how to load shift my TOU plan. Recently the utility has shifted peak rates from 12-6pm to 4-9pm, essentially diminishing the roi of my solar panels. I am looking to get a Sol-ark 12k and build a diy 48v lifepo4 battery. Super Off peak rates are around 10c/kwh vs on peak rates of 64c/kwh. Is it possible to ac couple the solark/battery setup to the existing Solar Edge setup, and configure the Solark to power the house and sell excess from 4-9pm and recharge the batteries after midnight? Thanks for all the help!

I'm using an EG4 battery, microinverters with zero-export control, and a battery charger on a timer to do just that. I designed a device, a battery charge controller or a current limiter, that allows me to limit the battery current to 15A at each microinverter. It works great! I'm working on packaging and UL certification for this new product now. It's almost ready.

Back