diy solar

diy solar

Advice needed to share solar between Poweroak EB150 and MPPT Victron 100/20 48v

atvuornf

I have a camper van, with Victron SPM042152400 and 100/20 48v, this charges my house battery, I also have Poweroak/Bluetti EB1500.

What would be the best wat to charge the power station from the solar, my plan was to use "Y" connectors and then remove a fuse going to the + input on the MPPT allowing power from the solar to the station.

Advice welcomed.

Can you not charge it directly from the house batteries?
What's the solar voltage input on the bluetti?

Input Voltage is 14-68v .
Just connect the solar input to the 48v batteries.
Solar panels will charge both, at the same time.
Easy peasy.

Input Voltage is 14-68v .
Just connect the solar input to the 48v batteries.
Solar panels will charge both, at the same time.
Easy peasy.
My house or Sprinter battery is 12 volts, I've been told that I can't share the solar between two MPPT's

The reason my solar charger is a 48v is because the only panel to fit my roof was SPM042152400

Could I use a battery switch to switch the + solar to two different sources (van MPPT and Poweroak)?

My house or Sprinter battery is 12 volts, I've been told that I can't share the solar between two MPPT's
Sorry, I misunderstood your battery voltage.
And no, you can't share the solar between 2 MPPT's.

Could I use a battery switch to switch the + solar to two different sources (van MPPT and Poweroak)?
Possibly,
What is the VOC of your solar panel.

Looks like VOC is 45.82.
You will need a battery switch rated for at least that.
Probably a 48v switch.
Get one that has only two positions (battery #1 or battery #2), no third position (battery #1 and #2).

Thanks, the switch I have is rated at 50v, 200amps but is the third position type. Why can't I use this because it was expensive and bought a while ago.

Thanks, the switch I have is rated at 50v, 200amps but is the third position type. Why can't I use this because it was expensive and bought a while ago.
You can use it. You just have to be mindful to not use the 3rd position.

Back