diy solar

diy solar

AiLi Shunt/Monitor Display Clean Mounting Options, RV Friendly

late

I have an AiLi Shunt and many owners have commmented on the difficulty to mount it cleanly because the flange is only mm larger than the required mounting hole size. It can be challenging to cut a clean, perfectly sized hole in lauan and other cheap RV materials. The required hole is 2.126 in. Note the tearout in the upper right of this stolen photo:

1615581061278.png

The hole size is very close to that of certain circular outlets (2.15"), and therefore it is possible to use an inexpensive faceplate for a flush mount. You can do this planned or unplanned (if you have made a ragged hole, you can clean it up with a single gang or double gang faceplate with a 2.15" hole.)

Single gang, black at Amazon

1615581527198.png

Of course they make it in other colors and materials as well. There is also a double gang size if square fits your aesthetic.

I am doing a surface mount, so I have used it with a low profile outlet box:

Amazon Box Link

1615581777903.png

I have taken the same approach for my Kisae Abso IC 122055 inverter/charger's remote display, though I had to cut the square hole myself in a blank faceplate for this one.

IMG_8852.jpg IMG_8853.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t suppose you have a link to the inverter charger. I have the kisae dmt1250 and I’m very happy with it. I haven’t seen the inverter charger for sale anyplace

Just found it in the uk, it’s £800 that’s $1113.
the one in your link is from the USA so it’s 110v output. I need 240v output unfortunately.
double the voltage double the price it seems.
thanks again for the link

Well, at least your Watts are more authentic... Good luck, hope you find something.

Well, at least your Watts are more authentic... Good luck, hope you find something.
Thanks for the info. I have emailed the company asking if they can supply a uk version. There’s only one importer seller in the uk, I got my Kisae also dc-dc charger from them and think it’s great. Far better than the sterling that it replaced.
hopefully they can help me out, even with shipping and import charges it’s still £300 $417 cheaper.
Many thanks for the info and sorry for hijacking your thread. I’ve also got the same aili meter. Does almost everything my old victron did apart from data logging. From what I can see it does it just as well

Back