diy solar

diy solar

All-in-one or modular build for a mid sized van

elvis.kvalbergs

Hi,
I have a van where I had a Victron based system installed with AGM by pros, but had to tear it down to renovate the van and now the battery is probably dead and the Victron inverter is just 800W and I would need something aroubd 2000W. So in reality I can reuse only the solar charger and monitoring part and would need to buy inverter and battery for say around 3000+ USD.

I live close to Russia so that means there is a non-zero chance of various attacks and stuff so I would live to have some backup electricity option for my house and same situation with my country house. None of them have solar panels as of yet.

Putting 2+2 together I decided to go for Anker 767 with additional battery i.e. around 4000kwh and 2400w inverter. But after Wills video about Anler making clicking sounds every morning I am not so sure anymore. Any suggestions? I think it makes all the sens to go with one of the all-in-one solutions but which one? Or am I wrong and I should just build a modular 48V system from scratch in the van and just use that as a backup power? :)

What is the voltage of the AGM? If above 12.5V and storage has been less than 6 months after a full charge, there has likely only been minimal degradation.

Bigger Victron. Done. :)

Back