diy solar

diy solar

Am I missing anything here?

WiredCatLady

Hello everyone!

This is our backup system. We loose power almost every day and this system let's us run our refrigerator, TV, fans, and charge our phones.

I can't get the guy who installed the system to come back to help with a battery that's showing a low voltage of 12.8 and won't charge. So I contacted KiloVault and I was told to disconnect the batteries, charge them, and connect the system again.
How should I go about this safely? Is there a step by step disconnect process anyone can point me to?
Also, based on the pic, is there anything I should add to mys system to make it safer?

Thanks for help!

We have:
Growatt SPF 3000
Started with 4- 12V HLX KiloVault batteries. Then when we added 2 more, the alt-E Store sold us 2 CHLX batteries and sent us four surge adapters to attach to our older HLX batteries.

Theres a 200 Amp Fuse protecting the cables.

Attachments

• 20230715_114830.jpg
    20230715_114830.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 13
Unless you are comfortable working with electrical items I would suggest finding someone that is. Your manual should show the procedure for startup connections which you basically would reverse for shutdown. Fairly standard is to turn off the switch on the unit. turn off the AC breaker providing the AC in power. Turn off incoming PV and than disconnect battery cables. Extreme caution is to be used to prevent shorting pos to negative during this operation.

I would suggest adding a breaker between battery and AIO (Growatt) to simplify shutdown and startup. Probably the bast bet is a MCCB DC breaker of sufficient amperage.

1689440686027.png

Back