diy solar

diy solar

Anenji inverters - 11.2kW parallel system for only £900

SenileOldGit

Solar Enthusiast
Has anybody got any experience with the Anenji inverters that are on sale on Ebay UK? After my less than good experience with MPP Solar, whose auctions keep saying how other companies' inverters aren't as good quality as theirs (which I don't believe is true), I wonder if these Anenji inverters are also made by Voltronic.

Does anybody recognise this inverter as a clone of another inverter, and do you have a link to the manual? I have messaged the seller on Ebay to ask for a manual, but that was only an hour ago.

ps I love the oh so helpful feedback on this seller's account:
"Thank you"
"arrived in time and well packed"

Really helpful - not. Why do people continually put up feedback about technical items like inverters (and a myriad of other things that you need to know if they work well or not before buying) that says "It arrived well packed on time"? Utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Can you explain a little more? If they're Voltronic units, then they should work fine, shouldn't they?

Does anybody know if there are any online reviews of this brand of inverter, or any of the other cheap inverters on Ebay? Presumably thousands of people must be buying them every week, so somebody, somewhere, must have one of these inverters and be using it every day.

Last edited:
At that sort of price, which is half of what I paid for my MPP Solar inverters last year, you could easily buy four and have a 22kW inverter system, which would hardly be taxed at all - it would be running at about an eighth of its rated output, most of the time, and would never get above 12kW with my 12kW of solar panels.

I wonder if Will Prowse would do a review of Anenji inverters on Youtube? I'd love to see it!

I can get these two inverters for only £723 if I go directly through the anenji.com website - 11.2kW output, 48V, 500VDC, 2 year guarantee:

ANJ-HHP-II-11-2KW-48V_900x.jpeg

A 5kWh battery is now under £1,000 - almost half the price I paid for my Pylontech US5000s about eight months ago:

But there appear to be no manuals on their website - you would think that was vital to potential customers. I am hoping that somebody, somewhere, who has bought some Anenji inverters will do a review on Youtube. Look at how much an 11.2kW Victron system would cost - £7,000? £8,000? Ten times the price.

I see them for sale on Aliexpress. Bit hard to say which of the other Voltronic rebadge companies offer the same unit. Part of that may be the 5.6kw rating of the individual inverter is not common and could be an attempt on the sellers part to make it seem they are not just another Voltronic 5kw parallel capable rated unit.

You may be hard pressed to match it up without getting the actual specifications and internal model numbers. One thing I spot on the specifications table provided on their add is that the surge wattage capability is the same as the operating ability. That would clue me that something fishy is going on how it is rated.

If you decide to buy and try I hope you provide a review for those that might be interested.

Well, getting a manual out of them is impossible, they suggested I WhatsApp them to find out more, when I simply asked for a link to a manual for the inverters.
There are three sellers on Ebay (at least, I've only asked three) who are selling similar inverters in pairs, who won't give me a link to a manual. They want me to send them my email address in a photo (because I'm not allowed to send them my email address on Ebay via normal means, and I presume I'm also not allowed to send it to them in a photo). I think that they might not be able to put a link to the manual in the Ebay listing, because Ebay rules don't allow it? Or because it's hosted on their commercial website, and I know Ebay doesn't allow businesses to put any links to their own websites in listings. It's just frustrating, because I need to see the manual before I'll even consider buying an inverter, like most people.

These low prices are game changers for me. Up until now, a faulty inverter meant £400 - £500 repair bills from a professional electronics repair company. Now it means just buy a new inverter for £450 and sell the old one for whatever you can get on Ebay, and you get a new inverter with a two year guarantee, instead of an old, repaired inverter with a very short guarantee (if any) for the repair itself, and no other faults that might develop.

Well, getting a manual out of them is impossible, they suggested I WhatsApp them to find out more, when I simply asked for a link to a manual for the inverters.
There are three sellers on Ebay (at least, I've only asked three) who are selling similar inverters in pairs, who won't give me a link to a manual. They want me to send them my email address in a photo (because I'm not allowed to send them my email address on Ebay via normal means, and I presume I'm also not allowed to send it to them in a photo).

Sketchy sketchy sketchy. Why are you even bothering considering this? I mean it's your money and your gamble. If you want a cheap system, just buy another better-known Voltronic-made brand. Or go with Epever as they are well regarded and fairly inexpensive. How about Renogy? Not sure who makes either Epever or Renogy's charge controllers, but at least those brands are known, tested and recommended by people in this forum and the owner of the forum, Will Prowse.

Here's the facts as you've presented them:

Almost no one has heard of Aneji brand
Reviews on ebay are useless and for all you know, fake
They appear to be made by Voltronic, but hard to tell which model to compare to other brands of Voltronic
The price appears to be "too good to be true" (not really a fact, more of a opinion, but I'll leave it anyways)
Three ebay sellers (which may be all the same seller) are trying to skirt the rules of ebay
The owner's manual, if there is one, seems non-existent.
Their website, which is a perfect place to offer PDF downloads of their owner's manuals, lists no such thing and is extremely sales-oriented (many websites are also very sales-oriented but I personally consider this a red-flag

So I think your roll of the dice here, if you choose to gamble, is to buy them, test them and cross your fingers that you don't regret it. Then do the world a favor and write a review about it here. Or perhaps you can entice one of the ebay sellers to send you a model free of charge in exchange for your honest review, since they are so new that they have people like me here telling you it's a big risk to go with a unknown product, unknown brand, too-cheap-to-be-believable.

Look, I've been in your shoes. I search for months drooling over a product I want. Then I find a new alternative that not only has more features but the price is so good that I'm chomping at the bit to press the BUY NOW button. BUT, I hesitate, for what sounds like the reasons you are here asking about it: It's an unknown brand with unknown history and unknown support and I might just well be throwing away my money. There are many stories on this forum of people who posted just like you about some item that had a price that seemed too good to be true on ebay (usually raw LiFePO4 cells) and guess what...it turned out to be a scam but eventually ebay took care of them. So my advice to you is instead of looking for other people to give you confirmation of whether or not Anenji is a good product/brand, step away from the internet, go for a walk and trust your gut on the matter. In my experience, my gut has never failed me. My mind can do all sorts of mental gymnastics to convince me to do a thing that all the evidence says to the contrary, but when I finally settle down and listen to my gut, the path forward is very clear.

Finally, my rule of thumb for buying on ebay: don't buy something I can't afford to waste my money on. Sure, ebay tends to side with the customer in disputes, but I really don't want to spend any of my precious time I have left on earth (I'm not dying or anything, but life is short enough anyways) in any unnecessary disputes. Just because ebay will probably back me up if I have a problem with a seller, doesn't mean I want to get into it. So I always look at the seller rating. If they have less than 1000 ratings, I expect their average to be 99% or higher. If that have lots more, like 30,000 ratings, I expect that to be 98% or higher. If they have 100 or less (unless it is an very unique item like an antique), then I don't even consider them. Hard pass...it's not worth the gamble. I don't like to gamble, but I do love a good deal. This method has served me well, never been burned except once (and one of the times I didn't trust my gut aka the price was way too good to be true) in over 20 years of buying on ebay.

Good luck, sir! And I really do hope that if you do go with Anenji, that you do this community forum a favor and write a solid and honest review (as well as one for ebay).

If you want a cheap system, just buy another better-known Voltronic-made brand. Or go with Epever as they are well regarded and fairly inexpensive. How about Renogy?

Sorry, I forgot you are looking for an AIO. I'm not into those, but I read all the dang time about the EG4, Sol-Arks and others on this forum. People seem to like them. The EG4 I think is more the budget brand and Sol-Ark I think might be a bit cheaper than Victron. Are those brands not available in the UK?

So my advice to you is instead of looking for other people to give you confirmation of whether or not Anenji is a good product/brand, step away from the internet, go for a walk and trust your gut on the matter.

I would say that was pretty bad (useless) advice. I would MUCH rather watch a video review of somebody who actually uses one, and better still, a video by somebody I trust (like Will Prowse) reviewing one, than 'trust my gut'.
If I buy a pair from Ebay, I am covered (really well) by Ebay's guarantee. I have 30 days to try out the inverters and find out if they are working. A year ago I wouldn't have known what I was doing, now I do, I know exactly what to look for, how to test the inverters, how to use MultiSibControl and Solar Assistant, how to use a clamp meter, what to expect the inverters to do in a given day of sunlight, and so on. Ebay's buyer protection is incredibly good, there is no risk to me in buying something like this from an Ebay seller - if I find a problem within the first 30 days then I am pretty much guaranteed to be able to get a refund or a replacement. I emphasise the 30 days, because after 30 days, then you have to rely on getting spare parts from the seller (as I found with MPP Solar) - but this company ships from Germany, so it will be cheaper than shipping to Taiwan (I presume).

All I have to say is - there a LOT more Voltronic inverters being bought than Victrons (for example), yet this forum isn't full of posts by disgruntled Voltronic owners with endless problems. So that tells me that MOST of the Voltronic inverters are just fine.

I would say that was pretty bad (useless) advice. I would MUCH rather watch a video review of somebody who actually uses one, and better still, a video by somebody I trust (like Will Prowse) reviewing one, than 'trust my gut'.
I would say you do not understand good advice.

Buy, do not buy, there are no video reviews.

Well, then why don't you force the hand of Will to test one for you then? I mean, I agree with you, I'd rather buy something Will has tested (or someone else I trust) then simply trust my gut. But sometimes there is no other option, no external data or experts to turn to and so your gut may be your best resource possible. The mind can convince you of great lies. It's a computer and thinks it has all the data, but if that were the case, then everyone in the world would love people like Mark Zuckerberg and want to be like him. The "gut brain", one considered only a theory, has been proven over the last 30 years to not only be valid, but actually communicates with the brain in our heads. It processes data in a completely different way.

I have a joke I like to ask people:

"Tell me the last time you debated between trusting your mind vs your gut and you went with your gut and it turned out to be the wrong choice."

"Now tell me the last time you instead trusted your mind and it turned out to be the wrong choice."

Most people laugh at this, because it's obvious how fallible our minds actually are. It can be SO DAMN SURE it is RIGHT and is completely infallible, but when reality hits, it usually just throws excuse after excuse instead of recognizing it's mistake.

Thinking is the result of processing data. Feeling is the result of processing data. They just do it in different ways. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. A human is not fully human if they are not capable of doing both and many times, at the same time. But when the mind has decided to ignore the processed data of the gut-brain, it's gone rogue and is essentially only giving the human a half-deck of cards to play with but will convince you that it's got the best hand of cards and you should ignore the gut-brain. Both are needed to make truly informed decisions.

Anyways, maybe you have none of these problems and ultimately I wish you the best on building your solar system. Good luck!

Voltronic makes good value equipment the problem is the copy’s not the rebadged units like mpp growatt ect
I would be very Leary of any voltronic/clone/rebadged unit not coming from Taiwan mpp has had a lot of problems with fake mpp units coming out of china
personally I wouldn’t order anything that didn’t come out of Taiwan

Hurrah! Anenji.com have sent me the manual, I have attached it here. I asked if it was compatible with Pylontech US5000 batteries and they said yes.
Looking at the manual, I can see it's a Voltronic inverter.

Rodrick - you say "mpp has had a lot of problems with fake mpp units coming out of china" - really? I think MPP Solar are just trying to put people off buying the same inverters that they are selling (i.e. rebadged Voltronics) from other sellers.

Maybe Will could buy a pair of these Anenji inverters and do a video review? I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing that.

Attachments

• Anenji 3.6kw 5.6kw user manual.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 81
That's a 230VAC unit so Will isn't going to bother on that alone since it would be of little value in the US market.

This isn't like buying a screw driver where it doesn't really matter if you buy super cheap one and it turns out it is junk and/or breaks. This equipment can literally kill you if it is junk.. either electrocute you, catch something on fire, etc.. so you can understand why people are suggesting you avoid stuff like this unless you have hard proof that it is of quality..

I think a qualified electrician would be able to test the unit when installing it, to ensure it's safe to use, and I think you're spreading FUD. You're implying that this inverter is junk without any reason. Where are the reports of this type of inverter electrocuting anybody?
Since cheaper inverters will outsell expensive inverters, there must be far more of them in use. Where are all the negative reviews? There aren't ANY reviews, but if they were so dreadful, you would expect somebody, somewhere (hopefully on here, or on Ebay feedback, or on a Youtube video) to have made a negative review about it.

Last edited:
Given the reasons you stated why don't you get one then so that you can provide useful information to everyone here about another alternative that nobody has any experience with.

Someone has to be first. Buy one and let us know how it goes. You seem to be passionate about this model.

On the other hand, there were LOTS of reviews for Victron gear and I was sold on the ability of the inverter to boost output when using a small generator like the one I already owned.

I think a qualified electrician would be able to test the unit when installing it, to ensure it's safe to use, and I think you're spreading FUD. You're implying that this inverter is junk without any reason. Where are the reports of this type of inverter electrocuting anybody?
Since cheaper inverters will outsell expensive inverters, there must be far more of them in use. Where are all the negative reviews? There aren't ANY reviews, but if they were so dreadful, you would expect somebody, somewhere (hopefully on here, or on Ebay feedback, or on a Youtube video.
What name was that inverter last month no reviews is a red flag to me Chinese companys copy voltronic equipment all the time using substandard or recycled parts when a product gets a bad rap they change the name and keep on trucking

Back