diy solar

diy solar

Anker 767 compatible charging cables?

RockyMtRobby

Hello! I purchased the Anker 767 powerhouse with x3 200 watt panels for an off grid camping set up. I’m in search of longer solar charging cables - to attach the panels to the 5-to-1 adapter that connects to the powerhouse. I am green to this field and have little familiarity with compatibility and limitations and ratings.

Anker only provides a 3meter cable for the panels, but the powerhouse battery needs to be store out of direct sunlight. Hoping to achieve that with at least 25’ long cables.

Any Suggestions for finding longer cables or at least what information I use to search for a product - or even a custom made cable if reliable.

Thank you!

Amazon has plenty of XT60 cables in whatever length you desire. Just get 10awg cables so you can carry more amps. Also, you might wanna consider using the 5 to 1 parallel adapter near your panels, then you would only need 1 25' 10awg cable to run back to the 767.

Try search on Amazon for "10AWG XT60 to XT60 Extension Cable XT60 Female to Male Silicone Wire for Battery Pack Portable Power Station Solar Generator". They come in many lengths.

Try search on Amazon for "10AWG XT60 to XT60 Extension Cable XT60 Female to Male Silicone Wire for Battery Pack Portable Power Station Solar Generator". They come in many lengths.
The longest cable of this type I've been able to find on Amazon is 15 feet. Has anyone been able to find longer?

What you really need is MC4 extension cables to whatever length you need and then use an MC$ to XT60 female adapter to terminate.

By the way, what panels are you planning to use with the Anker 767?

$549 for a single 200w panel holy xxxx. I could buy 10 times the wattage in used grid panels for that price.
I have nothing against Anker products but that's highway robbery at ~$2.70/w

$549 for a single 200w panel holy xxxx. I could buy 10 times the wattage in used grid panels for that price.
I have nothing against Anker products but that's highway robbery at ~$2.70/w
I definitely wouldn't pay full price.

I paid $2.2k for the PowerHouse 767, 760 expansion battery, and 531 solar panel. I know there better deals on other, similar products, but for a newbie, this meets needs and is pretty much plug-and-play.

The Anker 531 solar panel. I currently have one, but am thinking of getting another.
Apologies then, you definitely need an XT60 connector on both ends so you are going to have to plan carefully. If you are going to use two of the same panels, You have to connect them in parallel. You could use the branch connector included with the 767, then convert from XT60 to MC4 and then back to XT60 at the 767 using 10AWG cable. Or if you could find an XT60 male to XT60 female extension cable of the required length that would work as well. Not seeing any of those on Amazon though.

Back