diy solar

diy solar

Anker 767 mixing solar panels

Donramon8

Hello everyone, I’m new here and new to solar power and I need some help plz.

I recently bought Anker 767 with 200 watt panel that it came with. My question is, can I buy after market 400 watt portable solar panel and add it to my existing 200 watt panel from Anker for combined 600 watt solar input.

ALLPOWERS SP037 400W Portable Solar Panel Waterproof IP67 Foldable Solar Panel Kit with 37.4V MC-4 Output Solar Charger for Outdoor Adventures Power Outage RV Solar Generator https://a.co/d/2bQUJsd

The Anker 200 watt panel, 531, has a specification of Voc 57.6 volts, V max power 48 volts, I max power 4.17 amps. Thus any panel added in parallel should have a similar specification. Maximum input volts allowed is 60 volts, current 20 amps
The allpowers sp037 spec is Voc 45, V max power 37, I max 11 amps.

There may be issues adding the allpowers panel in parallel as the voltage will be limited to the volts on the allpowers, 37 volts.
Thus given ideal solar, whilst you will get all the power from the sp037, 400 watts, the Anker panel maximum will be limited to 4.17 x 37 = 150 watt
This link explains how panels of different volts effect power output,

Mike

Last edited:
Thank you for that info.

Follow up question with all power solar panels being polycrystalline and Anker being mono, im guessing that won’t matter. But is polycrystalline worth buying these days ?

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back