diy solar

diy solar

Any experience with XY6020L or XY6015L adjustable power supply for top balancing?

Kibirad

Hi, I've bumped into XY6020L and XY6015L adjustable power supplies on the ali and was intending to order a few of them to aid me with top balancing the LiFePo4 cells. I really like that you can have a display with them, set constant current, voltage and power them from old ATX supplies. Or at least I intend to power them that way. Also after finishing top balancing, you have a few power supplies that can be set to multiple values which is nice.

The problem I've found out is their ripple. Stated typical ripple value is 100mV. Should I be worried? I know that another recommended power supply is SZBK07 and the ripple current of this one should be lower than 50mV. The XY6020L states only typical value so it could be lower, but much higher and I'm kinda worried that you set up the power supply to let's say 3,6V to top balance and in reality, it will fluctuate between 3,6 to 3,7V. So it would be probably safer to top balance to 3,5V. Any recommendations, ideas? Thanks.

I have the xy6020l and its much less accurate than the rd6024. I use a fluke 289 and that the important thing. Reading 3.3333 volts to 0.0001v is something most meters fail at.

Back