diy solar

diy solar

Any Module Emergency Shutdown/Optimization Systems not using Wireless for comms?

nedkelly

Hi All:

I am trying to incorporate Emergency Shutdown with Optimization for 30 modules but without having to use wireless repeaters. For example each Tigo TS4-O has a wireless radio (Zigbee) that communicates to the Tigo TAP Access Point.

We have an autistic adult son who is extremely sensitive to EMF and so we cannot have a roof with 30 wireless radios/+access points.

If I just go Tigo TS4-F then i can do the rapid shutdown which doesn't use wireless radios and instead uses power line communications, BUT I REALLY need module optimization for efficiency.

Anyone know of any optimization / rapid shutdown systems not using wireless for comms between modules.

I have 2 x EG4 6500 EX-48 and Rack of EG4 LifePower4.

Thanks all for a great forum.
Ned

I don't know of any Optimizers with RSD that do not use a radio, but there are RSD receivers that receive their signal over the power lines.

Maybe install a foil radiant barrier in the attic to shield the signals?

SolarEdge inverters and Enphase micro inverters use power line comms and provide per panel optimization but you will need to replace your current inverter with one that can AC couple to these separate pv inverters.

Maybe install a foil radiant barrier in the attic to shield the signals?

SolarEdge inverters and Enphase micro inverters use power line comms and provide per panel optimization but you will need to replace your current inverter with one that can AC couple to these separate pv inverters.
I came to say this same thing.

I suspect that you're going to have 2 options.

#1) Install some kind of foil barrier or similar in the attic, to shield the EMF from the living space.
#2) enphase microinverters (I think both hoymiles and APSystems use wireless, so I doubt those would be viable solutions.

Back