diy solar

diy solar

Any recommendations for a 115 v on demand water pump.

rachelsdad

Storing water in a 300 gallon IBC tote, running 40' horizontal +/- 1" pex to kitchen/bath area. Little to 4' rise to faucets.

Was set on a certain Shurflo model but I somehow misread it was in fact 12v...(don't ask).

Been googling for a few days but nothing comes up w/over 3-4 gpm.

Prefer Shurflo unless you have strong opinions on another brand.

I asked about my system over at Small Cabin and the general consensus is that it is fine but now I cannot seem to find an appropriate on demand pump

Am I reading that correctly...396 GPH? If that didn't blow the shower head off it would certainly remove what little hair I have left, if not the top inch or so of my skull....in spite of how hard headed my wife claims I am.

I should probably elaborate. I'm off grid, running 4 1 kw lithium batteries at 24 volts inverted to 110.

Am I reading that correctly...396 GPH? If that didn't blow the shower head off it would certainly remove what little hair I have left, if not the top inch or so of my skull....in spite of how hard headed my wife claims I am.

I should probably elaborate. I'm off grid, running 4 1 kw lithium batteries at 24 volts inverted to 110.
First off, I wouldn't trust any figures given off Amazon. That was just an example. That being said, GPH is going to be assumed free flowing, not under pressure. Plus 396 GPH isn't that much when you think about GPM only 6.6

Water transfer pumps typically will be low pressure. Just a shallow well jet pump would be overkill. Home water boost pumps are for getting better water pressure to the top floors or from a city water connection assuming it already has constant supply, like head pressure from your tank. I think this is the direction you are trying to go? Boosting the pressure from your holding tank?

Plus 396 GPH isn't that much when you think about GPM only 6.6
Ha! Good point.

I think this is the direction you are trying to go? Boosting the pressure from your holding tank?

Exactly! Basically the AC version of an RV pump to pressurize water line to sink(s) and toilet in the cabin.

What's wrong with a 12 volt pump? I've ran pumps ranging from $25 all the way up to $150... All of them 12 volt.. Even if your system isn't 12 volt there's nothing that says you cant just run a cheap 120 volts to 12 volt PSU

I know you're going to say that it's a big issue with wasted energy.. But I imagine it's probably going to be minimal at least that's been my experience

What's wrong with a 12 volt pump? I've ran pumps ranging from $25 all the way up to $150... All of them 12 volt.. Even if your system isn't 12 volt there's nothing that says you cant just run a cheap 120 volts to 12 volt PSU

I know you're going to say that it's a big issue with wasted energy.. But I imagine it's probably going to be minimal at least that's been my experience
I could run a 12 volt pump, with a separate battery. Just seems easier to use what I got.....but it ain't turning out so :)

Better to run off 120V as pump output won't fluctuate with battery voltage.

Gobs of 120V pumps on Amazon.

Try the Seaflow.

Back