diy solar

diy solar

Anybody near southern NH who can help me connect three panels on the roof with micro inverters as AC coupled input to the GEN port of a Solark 15k?

budgetsolarinstall

I am looking for someone nearby who has the time to help me rewire three panels on my roof which are currently wired for a string inverter, to convert to a micro inverter setup.

These are not connected to anything right now because the sol ark has maxed out with the other panels.

We may also have to wire it from the junction box on the roof to the Gen input of the sol ark, but I will try to get it done with my installer beforehand if possible - they just don’t have time to finish these three panels at this time.

Any help is appreciated. It is just three panels.

they just don’t have time to finish these three panels at this time
That is a disturbing thing for me to imagine an installer already involved who won’t complete something.
Born and raised in NH.
That’s not the resiliency and get-it-done tenacity I grew up with, never mind the customer service aspect.

There’s a competent fitter in southern NH that has a YouTube channel- can’t remember the name. There’s also a small outfit in West Lebanon and one in Randolph VT area.
I don’t know them because I do everything myself. If I was solark-familiar I’d do it; I’m only three hours away. But microinverter systems are not in my wheelhouse anyways.

I’d say you might want to look those three up online and see what can be done; but there’s got to be dozens of electricians in southern NH that could do this. Maybe hundreds.

That is a disturbing thing for me to imagine an installer already involved who won’t complete something.
Born and raised in NH.
That’s not the resiliency and get-it-done tenacity I grew up with, never mind the customer service aspect.

There’s a competent fitter in southern NH that has a YouTube channel- can’t remember the name. There’s also a small outfit in West Lebanon and one in Randolph VT area.
I don’t know them because I do everything myself. If I was solark-familiar I’d do it; I’m only three hours away. But microinverter systems are not in my wheelhouse anyways.

I’d say you might want to look those three up online and see what can be done; but there’s got to be dozens of electricians in southern NH that could do this. Maybe hundreds.
Any chance you can give me some names? Because believe me that I have tried finding somebody to do solar work and could not find anyone, anywhere. And I have also talked to every solar company near me before finding this installer. They were not interested then, they probably won’t do it now.

There’s also a small outfit in West Lebanon and one in Randolph VT area.

You are the first person who has mentioned there maybe someone out there who can do it. If you can give me some names, I can call them and ask. Nevertheless, I will try and find them.

You are the first person who has mentioned there maybe someone out there who can do it. If you can give me some names, I can call them and ask. Nevertheless, I will try and find them
You should look them up online. That’s what I’d have to do myself to give that info to you.
The local electricians I know ain’t gonna travel to you as Stowe/Newport Vermont give them all they need to do, but solar system installers generally work all over northern New England.

You should look them up online. That’s what I’d have to do myself to give that info to you.
The local electricians I know ain’t gonna travel to you as Stowe/Newport Vermont give them all they need to do, but solar system installers generally work all over northern New England.
Will do. Thank you very much!

How is the Sol Ark maxed out? In VOC or wattage?

Detailed here. Someone else asked the same question:

Back