diy solar

diy solar

Anyone have experiance using EG4 Hybrid inverters in a 5th wheel?

KevinM

These EG4 Hybrid inverters look like a pretty good all in one solution. Any thoughts on either the 8KW or 18KW models for use in a 5th wheel?

Thanks

I would actually recommend the 6000xp for a 5th wheel set up. It's a little more compact, you still get 240v. You can parallel them to get the 12kw that the 18kpv would normally have as well. The 18kpv also would work well too.

Regardless, they all work with or without grid power, and have remote monitoring. You can get a 4g wireless adapter that will let you monitor the inverters without wifi. This is specific for the 6000xp and 18kpv though.

I don't want to violate any of the rules or terms and conditions of the forum, so I will stop here. I don't want to look like I'm trying to sell you on them, just explain the applications they can be used in.

Biggest limitation of those all in ones, is they need a fairly high PV voltage to charge from solar, which can be a challenge as you need a number of panels in series to get the voltage up which can be a challenge given the limited useable space on the roof.

What about using those reprogrammed AliExpress DC DC optimizers (starting point is a SolarEdge optimizer) I keep spamming about in threads like this?

They will boost to a pre-programmed voltage, and take all voltages for solar panels you can fit on a mobile application.

$40 each or so IIRC

I would actually recommend the 6000xp for a 5th wheel set up. It's a little more compact, you still get 240v. You can parallel them to get the 12kw that the 18kpv would normally have as well. The 18kpv also would work well too.

Regardless, they all work with or without grid power, and have remote monitoring. You can get a 4g wireless adapter that will let you monitor the inverters without wifi. This is specific for the 6000xp and 18kpv though.

I don't want to violate any of the rules or terms and conditions of the forum, so I will stop here. I don't want to look like I'm trying to sell you on them, just explain the applications they can be used in.
That makes sense, particularly the form factor would be easier to mount. Thanks

These EG4 Hybrid inverters look like a pretty good all in one solution. Any thoughts on either the 8KW or 18KW models for use in a 5th wheel?

Thanks
Just as a reference I use a 6548 inverter in a 35' travel trailer and it is no different than a fifth wheel camper power usage wise and it works very well so far. ?

Back