diy solar

diy solar

Anyone having trouble changing (SRNE) inverter settings via SolarAssistant? Needs password ?

meetyg

Solar Addict
Hi all.

I have been using SolarAssistant successfully with my MUST inverter for about a year now.
But recently I got an SRNE HF2430S60-100 24V 3K AIO inverter for my dad.

I hooked it up to a new Raspberry Pi4, via USB cable, installed SA and started to see the data.

However, most settings changes fail, saying "rejected".
Here are some examples:

Screenshot_20240602-004012_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240531-134027_Chrome.jpg

I can successfully change these settings from the inverter itself, to those exact values. So I don't think the values are invalid.

I contacted SA support and they suggested I try with the PC software, to see if that works. They suggested I use "Solar Station Monitor" v1.6, but it wouldn't show me any data.
So then I tried iPower software and that connected fine, showing me the data and settings. However, when trying to change settings via iPower, they wouldn't change either.
So after searching a bit on the forum, I found that a password might be needed.
So in iPower settings tab there is a place to input a password. I entered 111111 (which I found mentioned on the forum) and long behold the settings changed.

So then I disconnected the USB cable from the PC (leaving inverter on) and connected to the PI4 running SA.
Now I was able to change settings via SA!

But, I discovered that if I reboot the inverter, it rejects changing settings again. Untill I reconnect to the PC, enter the password again and then it works again.

So I contacted SA support again, but they said they can't do much about this.

Has anyone seen such behavior on SRNE HF series inverters?
Can I somehow disable the password?
Maybe via MODBUS or something?
iPower has another input box to change the password, but leaving it blank doesn't disable it.
20240606_230518.jpg

This inverter will be installed at my Dad's place which is a 3 hour drive away.
I would like to monitor it remotely and possibly change settings if needed.
My Dad isn't much tech savvy, so I'd like to keep it simple for him.
The inverter could shut down for various reasons, either intentionally or because of a low-voltage situation. So I don't want to have to connect a PC and enter the password every time the inverter is powered up again.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm using a high quality USB cable withe ferrite cores, so I don't think it's a communication problem or any interference. I can monitor the status of the inverter without problems. The problem is only with changing settings.

This inverter was bought brand new, so I'm curious as to why it seems like I'm the only one having this problem. SA support is unaware of such an issue and searching the forums didn't find much.

Thanks.

Hi all.

I have been using SolarAssistant successfully with my MUST inverter for about a year now.
But recently I got an SRNE HF2430S60-100 24V 3K AIO inverter for my dad.

I hooked it up to a new Raspberry Pi4, via USB cable, installed SA and started to see the data.

However, most settings changes fail, saying "rejected".
Here are some examples:

View attachment 221248View attachment 221249

I can successfully change these settings from the inverter itself, to those exact values. So I don't think the values are invalid.

I contacted SA support and they suggested I try with the PC software, to see if that works. They suggested I use "Solar Station Monitor" v1.6, but it wouldn't show me any data.
So then I tried iPower software and that connected fine, showing me the data and settings. However, when trying to change settings via iPower, they wouldn't change either.
So after searching a bit on the forum, I found that a password might be needed.
So in iPower settings tab there is a place to input a password. I entered 111111 (which I found mentioned on the forum) and long behold the settings changed.

So then I disconnected the USB cable from the PC (leaving inverter on) and connected to the PI4 running SA.
Now I was able to change settings via SA!

But, I discovered that if I reboot the inverter, it rejects changing settings again. Untill I reconnect to the PC, enter the password again and then it works again.

So I contacted SA support again, but they said they can't do much about this.

Has anyone seen such behavior on SRNE HF series inverters?
Can I somehow disable the password?
Maybe via MODBUS or something?
iPower has another input box to change the password, but leaving it blank doesn't disable it.
View attachment 221250

This inverter will be installed at my Dad's place which is a 3 hour drive away.
I would like to monitor it remotely and possibly change settings if needed.
My Dad isn't much tech savvy, so I'd like to keep it simple for him.
The inverter could shut down for various reasons, either intentionally or because of a low-voltage situation. So I don't want to have to connect a PC and enter the password every time the inverter is powered up again.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm using a high quality USB cable withe ferrite cores, so I don't think it's a communication problem or any interference. I can monitor the status of the inverter without problems. The problem is only with changing settings.

This inverter was bought brand new, so I'm curious as to why it seems like I'm the only one having this problem. SA support is unaware of such an issue and searching the forums didn't find much.

Thanks.
This is a known issue, I alerted SA to it when I found it a while ago and they were already aware of it. Did you notice the voltages are for a 12V system?

You should have 0 issues changing charging currents and input priority, in my opinion once voltages are programmed there should be no need to change them.

Some additional info here .

Does your inverter have an RS232 port? Maybe try connecting using this method instead and see if it requires a password.

Yes it does. At least some sort of communication port other than the USB.
Not sure if it's RS232 or RS485, but I'll give it a try (I have an RS485 adapter, not sure about the RS232).

Thanks.

This is a known issue, I alerted SA to it when I found it a while ago and they were already aware of it. Did you notice the voltages are for a 12V system?

You should have 0 issues changing charging currents and input priority, in my opinion once voltages are programmed there should be no need to change them.

Some additional info here .
Yeah, all voltages are in 12v, even though it's a 24v inverter. Same shows in iPower.

I was able to change some settings, but not voltages or absorption time.

diy solar

diy solar
Back