diy solar

diy solar

Anyone know how to hook up an MPPT controller to a Leoch 9820?

PhotonSD

Greetings everyone. New to the forum, a little late actually. Having bought a Leoch LC-9820 when it dropped to $809 on Amazon. I find
it will meet my needs. Unfortunately all attempts to contact customer service to purchase the MPPT+XLR plug have been ignored. I then
decided to purchase an MPPT controller and XLR socket and try to figure it out on my own. I soldered 12 AWG silicone wire to the socket, see
schematic. This led to a warning buzz from the LEOCH. Anyone succeed at this? Do you have any advice on how to best program the MPPT controller?
Thanks for any help. th.jpeg

Greetings everyone. New to the forum, a little late actually. Having bought a Leoch LC-9820 when it dropped to $809 on Amazon. I find
it will meet my needs. Unfortunately all attempts to contact customer service to purchase the MPPT+XLR plug have been ignored. I then
decided to purchase an MPPT controller and XLR socket and try to figure it out on my own. I soldered 12 AWG silicone wire to the socket, see
schematic. This led to a warning buzz from the LEOCH. Anyone succeed at this? Do you have any advice on how to best program the MPPT controller?
Thanks for any help. View attachment 143232
That diagram is for audio TS to XLR wiring.
Can you show us what MPPT controller did you buy and why do you have to buy the MPPT controller when the Leoch has MPPT built-in to charge from solar panel.
It is not clear what you are trying to do.
This is the Leoch you have, correct?

Yes, that is the Leoch I bought. Only takes 300 watts of parallel connected panels in through the Anderson port. The XLR port is right next
to the Anderson and can accept 300 more watts of solar. HOBO Tech Youtube article showed the supplied MPPT to XLR rig that was an
option through Indiegogo. I bought through Amazon, shortly there after the Leoch "Pro" model pops up capable of 600 watts through the
Anderson. I hope to hook up a Werchtay 30Amp MPPT so I can keep my Refrigerator operating during blackouts. I am not able to import
the Amazon page to show you the model of the controller. Doing something wrong. It is the simple 30 amp $21 model. Thanks.

Do you use facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/leochpower/
Looking at the pictures and wire it up as shown.
BTW, 30A MPPT for $21 sounds like a faked MPPT, it is more likely to be PWM solar charge controller.
To use MPPT as the power supply, you will need to use 24V battery feeding the MPPT for it to detect the 24V system Voltage otherwise it will not know what the charging output Voltage will be.
1680814814400.png
1680814923800.png
1680815175814.png
1680815196511.png
1680815245497.png

Last edited:
Thanks. That explains the warning buzzer. Will continue to write to Leoch in hopes of purchasing their gear and
trash this controller. I don't use facebook but will try there to reach Leoch.

Back