diy solar

diy solar

AOLithium (48V) Buyer Feedback

At the factory like 30% charge? I think mine were all pretty nearly 3.2V out of the box, but there’s a lot of variability in SOC at that voltage. Charge it up and watch them diverge.
I'll monitor but so far one of the units is at 95% SOC and still sitting at less than .05v difference per cell. I'll have better numbers once I get a solid charge into them and let them settle for a few days.

Ordered 4 at a hair under $6000 CDN delivered ($4500 US) on Nov 1, and got notice of shipping on Nov 25 with 2 tracking numbers from Ontario to Quebec City. The cables were shipped on their own, that was first tracking number, and arrived a few days later FedEx. Second number tracking number was nowhere to be found online.

Because I could not find the tracking, and I must say without contacting Aolithium, on december 9th I posted a 1 star review after receiving an email asking feedback on my experience on judge.me . To my surprise Aolithium service emailed overnight stating that the order was shipped and if I could revise my one star when I receive the shipment...

During the next few days I emailed them and always got an overnight answer back, they were trying to trace but according to them, that the carrier's site was down for tracking. Aolithium supplied the transporters 800 number, mentionning that the best was for me to phone the carrier. As I was on the phone with the carrier rep that could not find anything in their system, their own truck arrived at the dock...guh...

Examining the bill of ladding, batteries were shipped on Dec 7th, not on the 25 th... Pallet was well packed with no damage...I used the correct Waybill number and found the shipment online immediatly...So all this because the person entering the numbers sadly did not enter the correct WayBill reference..

At least there is a pair of eyes that looks at the reviews, and answers emails...Reviewed to a 4 star because someone answered the emails, lost one star beceuse of the wrong number, and misleading ship date...Will install in cabin up north in May, will post impression then... if they work as advertized, this is quite a bargain.

Ordered 4 at a hair under $6000 CDN delivered ($4500 US) on Nov 1, and got notice of shipping on Nov 25 with 2 tracking numbers from Ontario to Quebec City. The cables were shipped on their own, that was first tracking number, and arrived a few days later FedEx. Second number tracking number was nowhere to be found online.

Because I could not find the tracking, and I must say without contacting Aolithium, on december 9th I posted a 1 star review after receiving an email asking feedback on my experience on judge.me . To my surprise Aolithium service emailed overnight stating that the order was shipped and if I could revise my one star when I receive the shipment...

During the next few days I emailed them and always got an overnight answer back, they were trying to trace but according to them, that the carrier's site was down for tracking. Aolithium supplied the transporters 800 number, mentionning that the best was for me to phone the carrier. As I was on the phone with the carrier rep that could not find anything in their system, their own truck arrived at the dock...guh...

Examining the bill of ladding, batteries were shipped on Dec 7th, not on the 25 th... Pallet was well packed with no damage...I used the correct Waybill number and found the shipment online immediatly...So all this because the person entering the numbers sadly did not enter the correct WayBill reference..

At least there is a pair of eyes that looks at the reviews, and answers emails...Reviewed to a 4 star because someone answered the emails, lost one star beceuse of the wrong number, and misleading ship date...Will install in cabin up north in May, will post impression then... if they work as advertized, this is quite a bargain.
Good to hear they arrived. I suspect the have a logistics partner that runs the Toronto warehouse and finds the cheapest LTL freight route depending on delivery location.. The logistics people must not relay the correct info back to AOLithium for updating the web orders.

Yes likely good idea to check the cell voltages for deviation. I have to get a 48V charger or a Chargeverter soon myself to manage the new pack. The solar setup is not suited to the dismal december solar potential.

I have, sent them photos of the indicated imbalances a couple days ago.

AOlithium replied overnight with this:
The voltage difference during the charging and discharging process of lithium batteries is small.
However, at the end of charging and discharging, the voltage difference between 0-10 and 90-100soc will become larger.
Based on the battery cell characteristics and industry project experience,
we formulated The company's standard is charging terminal,
10A current charging to 3.65V, voltage difference <350mv.
100A discharges to 2.5V, voltage difference is 450mv. Within this standard, capacity and consistency can be guaranteed

This morning, 10 days into trying to get them into balance I'm up to 56.5V. Which is holding the two high cells at ~3.620V and my two low cells are currently at 3.357V and coming up a couple mV per day. Most of the rest have gotten to 3.5xxV.

Had 2 units delivered today. Order was processed on the 25th and looks like freight logistics got it moving in early December. Nothing wrong with shipping times but seems AOLithium customer support does not have access to the waybill records of shipments out of the Canadian warehouse agent. Tracking is possible but didn't get the number from AOLithium.

The packaging is wild, plywood crate on a pallet with metal corner reinforcement. Battery is switched by chunky foam blocks and a huge bag of silica dessicant.Very solid.. The cables were in a box on top and flattened but no damage. Turned one pack on and it's at 30 SOC and all cells are within 2 mV or so.

Overall looks great but time will tell.

Attachments

• tmp-1702994798860_1080x1920.jpg
    tmp-1702994798860_1080x1920.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 13
  • tmp-1702994799127_1080x1920.jpg
    tmp-1702994799127_1080x1920.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 13
  • tmp-1702994799240_1080x1920.jpg
    tmp-1702994799240_1080x1920.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 13
  • tmp-1702994799336_1080x1920.jpg
    tmp-1702994799336_1080x1920.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 12
  • tmp-1702994799426_1080x1920.jpg
    tmp-1702994799426_1080x1920.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I have one unit attached to a buss bar with 4 other Ruixu packs. The Ruixu stack has communications to the 6548 and wants to charge to 56V.

The AOLithium says to charge to 57.6 but I noticed it stopped charging at 56V while the Ruixu's are still taking in about an amp.. It seems that the AOLithium BMS has a fairly high charge current cut off as the cells in the AOLithium fell back to 3.45-3.51V when charging was stopped.

I have one unit attached to a buss bar with 4 other Ruixu packs. The Ruixu stack has communications to the 6548 and wants to charge to 56V.

The AOLithium says to charge to 57.6 but I noticed it stopped charging at 56V while the Ruixu's are still taking in about an amp.. It seems that the AOLithium BMS has a fairly high charge current cut off as the cells in the AOLithium fell back to 3.45-3.51V when charging was stopped.

I finally have one of my two balanced as of this morning. I noticed that it goes into overvoltage alarm at 56.0V, I did not check to see if it disabled charge at that. So I'm balancing them at 59.95. Yours could also be kicking out on single cell overvolt unless they are well balanced.

I finally have one of my two balanced as of this morning. I noticed that it goes into overvoltage alarm at 56.0V, I did not check to see if it disabled charge at that. So I'm balancing them at 59.95. Yours could also be kicking out on single cell overvolt unless they are well balanced.
I just increased the voltage to 57.5. It goes into alarm but does not disable charge.

I just increased the voltage to 57.5. It goes into alarm but does not disable charge.
I spoke too soon. Looks like there is a time delay, maybe a few minutes. The BMS disconnects at 57.0V and above.

This morning my second battery is finally top balanced, it took three weeks! Looks like the BMS will balance to 20mV. Now to discharge it a bit so I can re-add it to the stack.

I just noticed on the Canadian storefront they have the server rack pack covered by a 4-year warranty... I could swear this was the full 8 years when I ordered back in November.
The policy now shows 4-years for the server rack units but 8 years for their 12V packs..
Looking on the way-back-machine it was definitely stated at 8 years...

The packs from aolithium.com show 4 years plus a "complimentary 4 year extension"

I recieved mine back in December. I was also able to get it to communicate with a mapleleaf power 6500. Seems to be working pretty good

I recieved mine back in December. I was also able to get it to communicate with a mapleleaf power 6500. Seems to be working pretty good
Good to hear,

Can you share what settings you used on the inverter and the battery DIP switches to get it working?

Also, do you have 1 pack for now or multiple in parallel?

Back