diy solar

diy solar

Are there any hybrid inverters that are designed for LiFeP04?

Fingers

Are there any hybrid inverters that are designed to use LiFeP04 ion batteries? TYPO, I meant iron.
So far all I have found inverters that support Lithium ion, Lead acid and Agm. Very short sighted if you ask me.

Ok, so you have LiFeP04 batteries, hook them up to the inverter, plug in your BMS communication and run the batteries on a lead acid setting. Does the inverter really communicate with the BMS using a lead acid setting? If so any down side to this?

Or do the majority of people use open loop?

Last edited:
I
Are there any hybrid inverters that are designed to use LiFeP04 ion batteries?
So far all I have found inverters that support Lithium ion, Lead acid and Agm. Very short sighted if you ask me.

Ok, so you have LiFeP04 batteries, hook them up to the inverter, plug in your BMS communication and run the batteries on a lead acid setting. Does the inverter really communicate with the BMS using a lead acid setting? If so any down side to this?

i use a powmr 3500 AIO in my travel trailer it has multiple charge profiles for different chemistry batteries. It has 3 different presets for lithium one is for lifepo4. Also the settings can be manually set for recommendations that may be specific to your particular lifepo4 battery. I expect most AIO units are the same or better. The best thing to do when researching is to download the installation manual and find out what programming options are available the promo specs are not usually complete.

Are there any hybrid inverters that are designed to use LiFeP04 ion batteries?
So far all I have found inverters that support Lithium ion

I've personally never seen an inverter that supports "Lithium ion," i.e., meaning 3.7v lithium chemistry. If you're seeing "Lithium-Ion" support, it's likely referring to LFP.

Ok, so you have LiFeP04 batteries, hook them up to the inverter, plug in your BMS communication and run the batteries on a lead acid setting. Does the inverter really communicate with the BMS using a lead acid setting?

No. The inverter must be configured to LFP to communicate with an LFP BMS.

If so any down side to this?

Yes. It gets you nothing.

If people are using LFP/inverter with compatible communication, they typically use it. Some will revert to "user" type due to the BMS setting limiting the inverter to lower than desirable charge limits.

Thanks guys.
Sorry about the typo, I meant LiFeP04 iron.;

Just what I thought, communication in lead acid mode don't do diddly.
I've been trying to remember where I had read a couple of times where folks said that it does. I think one was a guy who was helping me with info for my SMA battery inverter saying only LiFeP04 batteries with Seplos or Rec bms will work. I'm guessing he meant communicate, but it might of been something else.

powmr 3500 AIO
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.

diy solar

diy solar
Back