diy solar

diy solar

Are Tigo Optimizers Compitable with Growatt 5000 es ?

msidani

Hello,

I have shades on my roof due to other buildings from 9am till 11 am and from 3:30 pm till 5pm. I heard optimizers would make my solution produce much more.
Today I only benefit from solar between 11 and 3:15wWhen there is no shade at all on my roof. I have 3 questions:

1- Would the optimizers improve the production a lot?
2- My inverter is Growatt 5000 ES. Are optimizers compatible with it? If yes what brands? I have a dealer near me selling Tigo Optimizers.
3- Would partial shades throughout the day hurt my panels on the long run?

Thank you!

Work without causing any problems, yes.
Communicate with each other, no.

Work without causing any problems, yes.
Communicate with each other, no
.Would they improve the performance significantly? Also no need to communicate with each other right? As there is a separate app for Tigo I heard.

.Would they improve the performance significantly? Also no need to communicate with each other right? As there is a separate app for Tigo I heard.
They may help with heavily shaded panels.
And no, they don't need to communicate with each other.

Hello, does anybody know if Growatt 5000 ES work with optimizers?

I can not find any specifications and it makes me worried. Electro guy told me that for security and shading reasons optimizers would be good idea. Now I am trying to find which optimizers to buy. I have 20x 380W panels.

Does growatt support one optimizer for two panels? If yes how many optimizers per string?

Please help. I am waiting for growatt response also..

thank you in advance!

Hello, does anybody know if Growatt 5000 ES work with optimizers?

I can not find any specifications and it makes me worried. Electro guy told me that for security and shading reasons optimizers would be good idea. Now I am trying to find which optimizers to buy. I have 20x 380W panels.

Does growatt support one optimizer for two panels? If yes how many optimizers per string?

Please help. I am waiting for growatt response also..

thank you in advance!
They won't communicate with each other. But each can operate on their own.

Hello,

I have shades on my roof due to other buildings from 9am till 11 am and from 3:30 pm till 5pm. I heard optimizers would make my solution produce much more.
Today I only benefit from solar between 11 and 3:15wWhen there is no shade at all on my roof. I have 3 questions:

1- Would the optimizers improve the production a lot?
2- My inverter is Growatt 5000 ES. Are optimizers compatible with it? If yes what brands? I have a dealer near me selling Tigo Optimizers.
3- Would partial shades throughout the day hurt my panels on the long run?

Thank you!

No for Tigos, see report elsewhere. I found they just sit there not making any difference. Could be different if connected to a monitoring system after a software update

I don’t believe TIGO guarantees that their optimizers work out of the box without at least one setup with the monitoring unit. I guess they assume an installer will have the monitoring unit available to do initial setup and validation.

I don’t believe TIGO guarantees that their optimizers work out of the box without at least one setup with the monitoring unit. I guess they assume an installer will have the monitoring unit available to do initial setup and validation.
That is not the way I see them advertising their gear nor di I see this in their manuals. You are invited to back up your beliefs with evidence

That is not the way I see them advertising their gear nor di I see this in their manuals. You are invited to back up your beliefs with evidence
Unfortunately I didn't save the references and don't really have the cycles to dig them up again (since I decided not to use TIGO so I don't really have an incentive to keep a well-curated bibliography / set of documentation on their products).

EDIT: I would give them to you right away if I had it handy.

I believe I got that direct opinion from a blog post of an installer, and I independently inferred it from a troubleshooting tree on TIGO website, where it told you to connect the monitoring system and update the optimizers if there's a performance issue.

Unfortunately I didn't save the references and don't really have the cycles to dig them up again (since I decided not to use TIGO so I don't really have an incentive to keep a well-curated bibliography / set of documentation on their products).

EDIT: I would give them to you right away if I had it handy.

I believe I got that direct opinion from a blog post of an installer, and I independently inferred it from a troubleshooting tree on TIGO website, where it told you to connect the monitoring system and update the optimizers if there's a performance issue.
I talk from personal experiences from this retired technician which backs up installer Mark Cavenagh's experiences. Posts and people regurgitating sales pitches and promotional material are not convincing for me. Thanks for your response

I was going off Mark’s blog here actually. Maybe Tigo has improved the out of box experience since then.

Not according to my experience from 6 units bought in June 2022. Tigo has been very slack and ad hock at their responses. Not that I have pushed it, in a way I accept having fallen for their tricks. I just want to see an end to their crook practices

Not according to my experience from 6 units bought in June 2022. Tigo has been very slack and ad hock at their responses. Not that I have pushed it, in a way I accept having fallen for their tricks. I just want to see an end to their crook practices
Oh OK, maybe we're on the same page actually. That sounds like what I remember from Mark's blog.

Did the TIGOs work well for you after updating/debugging in the monitoring system?

I never intended to buy a monitoring system and no upgrade has occurred. Tigo rang up a couple of months ago offering assistance (a temporary monitoring system install) or straight replacement (I presume with updated software). I agreed and suggested they choose the most convenient option for them. They were getting back to me. I sent 1 reminder but have not heard from them... neither party appears serious. I am looking at other ways to increase the solar winter harvest

Good stuff, shows that modern inverters with 'gobal' or 'extended' mppt, like SMA and Fronius, are en par with optimisers under basically all conditions. This appears to make optimisers obsolete. This reduces the number of points of failure and purchase costs

Back