diy solar

diy solar

Backlight always on with shunt

0truck0

Someone suggested get the $30 amp meter. I did and it seems great except one thing, the backlight is on when batteries are not being charged. The backlight originally went off the first day, but now stays on. When charging it does blink every second to show charging, but staying on all the time, though very low amp draw, is annoying, annoying to see a few tenths of percentage decline every day just due to the light, but also annoying at night. I have two monitors and both backlights stay on.

on.png
This is the TR16H.

pic.jpg

According to directions the lower contact should go to the battery neg, the upper to the charging source neg.
It does.
The smaller wire goes to a positive.
It seems to work, showing charging and the "up" arrow when charging, and the "down" arrow when not charging or when amps out are more than amps in.
It is interesting to see amps out be reduced by the amps coming from the solar panels, so a device that uses 5 amps, might only pull 2 from the battery in sun.

Why does the light stay on all the time?
The seller is of no help with this. I can find no website or anything on internet talking about any trouble shooting.

Mine will go off under no load/no charge conditions. Soon as I hit it with any load, the backlight comes on. I hear you about the light at night. Amazing how much the tiny backlight can light up my trailer. If it were a constant level, it would make a nice night light. Current plan is to come up with a cover for night time use.

diy solar

diy solar
Back