diy solar

diy solar

Wierd Overnight Battery Discharge Axpert VM II Hybrid

no it is not, not a single sign of clone
........let assume it is Axpert VM II Premium model then.......for one, we assume the inverter work as SUB mode when SOL mode is used.
1) Doesn't change the fact the inverter still draws its idle/operating power from battery.
2) Assume if the inverter doesn't drain the battery power during dusk period, can you check your deep cycle battery production date? There is a thing called calender aging. Yes, I know you said the battery is new, but to be safe, check the battery production date? Who know you might have 3 years old "new" battery?

........let assume it is Axpert VM II Premium model then.......for one, we assume the inverter work as SUB mode when SOL mode is used.
1) Doesn't change the fact the inverter still draws its idle/operating power from battery.
2) Assume if the inverter doesn't drain the battery power during dusk period, can you check your deep cycle battery production date? There is a thing called calender aging. Yes, I know you said the battery is new, but to be safe, check the battery production date? Who know you might have 3 years old "new" battery?
one is 13 march 2023 and one is 10 july 2023, Pre-filled and Pre-charged, ready to use by factories 1 year free replacement warranty

one is 13 march 2023 and one is 10 july 2023, Pre-filled and Pre-charged, ready to use by factories 1 year free replacement warranty
Hmmm........this is very strange. Battery should be fine then.
The only possibility is the inverter itself might consume more idle power than advertised.

Hmmm........this is very strange. Battery should be fine then.
The only possibility is the inverter itself might consume more idle power than advertised.
You mean that batteries should be fine?
given that one is almost a year old

the day before yesterday I enabled equilization immediately and it did equilization and yesterday morning it showed 24.5v instead of usual 24.2 volts
yesterday I changed charging amps to 20amps,
this morning it showed 24.4 volts

I will be posting daytime battery voltage graphs sometime

You mean that batteries should be fine?
given that one is almost a year old

the day before yesterday I enabled equilization immediately and it did equilization and yesterday morning it showed 24.5v instead of usual 24.2 volts
yesterday I changed charging amps to 20amps,
this morning it showed 24.4 volts

I will be posting daytime battery voltage graphs sometime
Generally, calendar life of lead acid battery is around 3 - 5 years from manufacturing date. Then again, we don't know the level of sulfation for your battery. Nor if there is internal shedding, short or acid stratification.

If you are the type who tend to deep cycling the battery to more than 50% depth of discharge, you probably will only get 180 - 250 cycles out of those batteries before the usable capacity deteriorate sharply.

Generally, calendar life of lead acid battery is around 3 - 5 years from manufacturing date. Then again, we don't know the level of sulfation for your battery. Nor if there is internal shedding, short or acid stratification.

If you are the type who tend to deep cycling the battery to more than 50% depth of discharge, you probably will only get 180 - 250 cycles out of those batteries before the usable capacity deteriorate sharply.
How can i check batteries with a multimeter, and power draw at night time(can the multimeter be put into series with the batteries?

How can i check batteries with a multimeter, and power draw at night time(can the multimeter be put into series with the batteries?
Hmm....I am more oriented to Lifepo4 BMS. Deep cycle lead acid is not exactly my specialty. In any case, if you want to test for real idle power draw of the inverter, you can use current clamp meter to measure the amperage at the wire between the battery and inverter when there is no load.

P = I x V after all for DC.

Ok thanks, will update and post daytime voltage graphs (It has been raining for 2 days so I couldnot)

Back