diy solar

diy solar

battery box

gman1958

Seems like there is a link on this site for a box to put the lithium batteries in. Can not seem to find it. I am building two 24 volt batteries that I will hook together to make a 48 volt battery to run a golfcart. Of course a golf cart often will have 160 amps for vary short durations. The BMS on the forum has a 100 amp max. I guess I could by pass the bms when running the motor. The box is really what I am trying to find now to store the 16 cells.

Seems like there is a link on this site for a box to put the lithium batteries in. Can not seem to find it. I am building two 24 volt batteries that I will hook together to make a 48 volt battery to run a golfcart. Of course a golf cart often will have 160 amps for vary short durations. The BMS on the forum has a 100 amp max. I guess I could by pass the bms when running the motor. The box is really what I am trying to find now to store the 16 cells.

This is complete folly. Get a BMS capable of higher current.

This is complete folly. Get a BMS capable of higher current.
Thanks, Often with golfcarts and EV the high amps are in a very short duration. The cart will run at 30 amps then when accelerating peak at 150 amps for a very short duration, a second or two. The batteries are rated for continuous Amps. But your right, easy to just get a 150 amp BMS. If I decide not to build my own, the specs on the batteries in relation to handling short duration high amps is confusing.

Back