diy solar

diy solar

Battery concern All-in-One MPP 2424LV vs. Component

SoFar

I'm looking to setup a small off grid system and was leaning towards the Lv2424 but now I'm thinking about doing a component system because the 2420 needs a certain amount of battery power to turn on the system.

I plan to use two lead acid batteries for now and change to Lithium Iron later. The whole purpose of Lithium Iron was I could use 100% of my batteries and run them pretty much all the way down. But with the All-In-One if I did that I would not be able to get the unit to turn back on with my Solar panels. If I had a component system, I wouldn't have that problem?

Plus, on a component system I could run the inverter without batteries (in a pinch) and I wouldn't be able to do that with a MPP system?.

Doesn't the all-in-one minimize the power usage i could utilize from my batteries as opposed to a component system?

Last edited:
I'm looking to setup a small off grid system and was leaning towards the Lv2424 but now I'm thinking about doing a component system because the 2420 needs a certain amount of battery power to turn on the system.

I plan to use two lead acid batteries for now and change to Lithium Iron later. The whole purpose of Lithium Iron was I could use 100% of my batteries and run them pretty much all the way down. But with the All-In-One if I did that I would not be able to get the unit to turn back on with my Solar panels. If I had a component system, I wouldn't have that problem?

Plus, on a component system I could run the inverter without batteries (in a pinch) and I wouldn't be able to do that with a MPP system?.

Doesn't the all-in-one minimize the power usage i could utilize from my batteries as opposed to a component system?
I put this in the wrong Forum.

How can I change it to General Discussion Forum?

If I had to do it over I would go with separate components. Do a search on LV2424 and you will see why.

Purchased an LV2424 and have had nothing but trouble - replacing one board at a time over a 3 month period and still cant use MPPT/solar. At least if you go with separate components (ideally purchased in the USA) you can replace at component level and save yourself the remove, dissassemble, replace boards, re-assemble and reinstall again.... while 100% down cycle. My 2 cents.

Back