diy solar

diy solar

Battery Draining/Immersun issue

ShawnG1978

Hi, I have a new system only a few months old. 4.4kW panels, 5kW Huawei battery and inverter. I also have an Immersun to divert surplus PV to the immersion coil 3kW.

My generation is fine as is battery charging. When my battery is called upon though it suddenly finds a load (up to 2.5kW) that wasn't there before. The house ticks along at 250ish watts but soon as the battery comes into use (Time of use set after dark) the house load sky rockets and drains the battery in a few hours. See picture attached. The third red peak is when the battery was being called upon. Empty house no change in load.

The immersun as I understand can potentially take power from the battery so i assumed this was what was happening. I was advised to change the minimum export level higher than the battery could output which I have now set at 2.6kW. The issue still happens.

Can anyone explain what this load is and why my battery is draining like this? I have tried setting the heater type to none on the immersun and even turning the immersion isolation switch off but the battery still drains like this. The installer has been pretty useless, checked the CT clamp positions once and said it was all fine :(

Apparently they have it set up with the CT clamps in such a way that the battery cannot be used by the immersun but i have my doubts..

Attachments

• Battery Drain  No Load.JPG
    Battery Drain No Load.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 2
Back