diy solar

diy solar

Battery hookup question

doox00

Hey all, I have 9 48v battery packs (with the new jk bms on each one) for my 3 eg4 6000xp inverters. How do I hook these up to the inverters (new system and learning, starting the install process now). Do I run them to bus bars, a negative and positive and from there to each inverter? Is this how you should wire them? Or should I run 3 packs in parallel to each inverter?

Thanks!

I would run each battery to bus bars. Potentially something like three lynx power ins would give you twelve battery connections. then a distributor or power in converted with bolts to hold the megafuses, with the three 6000XPs connected to that. A smart shunt between the negatives of each to track soc.

Are these 100Ah or 280/300+ Ah batteries? May be able to parallel them into sets of three to reduce number of power in connections

Hey there, 5 packs are 280ah cells and 4 packs are 306 ah cells.
Damn that's a lot of capacity, nice!
I'd use a class T fuse on each pack if you aren't already.

I agree with @Brucey 's advice above, the only thing I'd do differently is build my own bus bars but that isn't for everyone and Victron are a solid choice.

Damn that's a lot of capacity, nice!
I'd use a class T fuse on each pack if you aren't already.

I agree with @Brucey 's advice above, the only thing I'd do differently is build my own bus bars but that isn't for everyone and Victron are a solid choice.
Yes could go with class t power ins, but only two per unit and you'd need five in total...plus say for example you use 250A fuses, two of them with two 250A fuses in each and you are at the 1000A rating of the bus. For 9 big packs another bus design would make sense.

Yes could go with class t power ins, but only two per unit and you'd need five in total...plus say for example you use 250A fuses, two of them with two 250A fuses in each and you are at the 1000A rating of the bus. For 9 big packs another bus design would make sense.
I'm working on upgrading mine from this
1000010305.jpg
To something a little different.
1000010304.jpg
@doox00 , might give you some ideas.

They are made in DIY cases that have breakers on each pack, do I still need fuses as well?

What breakers aee you using on your boxes?

What breakers aee you using on your boxes?

They are gobel power diy boxes with fuse and breakers in them and YIXIANG diy boxes (not sure if they have a fuse in them or not, waiting for them to arrive, they have breakers though).

diy solar

diy solar
Back